JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Get a book like Lyman's Shotshell Reloading Manual. Best $20 you'll spend. The low pressures of shotshells aren't as forgiving to small mistakes as metallic cartridges.

When I loaded 12...

Universal was my go to powder.

Combined with, any primer, I didn't care much.

I was kind of a AA silver hull only type though. I hated all other hulls.

I have to agree with Kyrsen, I could list several loads I use personally from trap to steel for goose. Seeking general advice from others can be very helpful but nothing compares to professional data.

I have used nothing but Winchester (mostly, less expensive) and Remington (hard to find, pricey, but used in my competition shells) for primers since 1978. For powder I've only used 700x. For me, nothing is broken so not inclined to fix anything. Remington and Winchester hulls are tapered so I stick with loading these two but have mostly Remington STS green and gold (handicap). To me the newer Winchesters do not load as well as the plastic is too stiff and the crimps are not consistently good. Wads, Remington and a few Claybuster Remington clones for my wife's 1oz loads. Gave you my whole kit a caboodle.

Yes and other kinds of malfunctions. The SAAMI pressure limit for 2 3/4" shells is around 11,000 PSI, I believe. Slight changes in components could cause a change of 3000 to 4000 PSI which isn't as big a deal in handgun and rifle rounds generating 30,000 to sometimes 50,000 or 60,000 PSI. In shotgun loads though, it has the potential to be bad.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top