JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have been using Crossbreed Supertuck. as my main IWC for comfort but as a big guy any IWB will work turn the handle so it go's forward and let it push against the fat belly if you are big you can hide a house there.

6'2" and 275 here and wearing a PF9 in a Crossbreed-like holster that I made myself. They are very easy to make with some supplies that you can buy on the internet. I made mine for around $10 worth of materials and a couple of hours of time. I am sure that if I did it again, it would go much faster.

For my frame, wearing it at 4:30 is perfect for me, and I wear a tucked in shirt every day for work with no printing. I have even been in a situation where I was talking with a guy who was interested in CC, and he asked where I carry. I slapped right behind my hip and he said, "That is where you usually carry it?" I responded, "No, that is where I carry it all the time." He looked at me and said, "You're carrying right now!? I had no idea!"

For me, that means it is a very successful concealment, when you can point to it and still people don't know you are carrying.

yea that's why i went with the crossbreed (yea easy to make when you have one to use as a pattern)I needed a holster that i could get a really high canter. As a large man I lean forward when I work on things and most IWB holsters would show the gun at the 5 o-clock on me. The crossbreed fixed that for me.

I'm 6'1" - 290. I have found the Summer Special II from Milt Sparks style holster in leather and the Comp=Tac Infidel in a kydex or the Garret Ind. Silent Thunder style holsters work best for me.

The main ingredient for comfortable carry is the proper belt. I have found that a good quality gun belt will make up for the lacking of most poor holsters BUT even ther very best holster will not make up for the lacking of a poor belt.

I second the Milt Sparks. I prefer the VM2. I'm a larger guy with a heavy frame as well, and wearing it is just fine. I will note that I think Paradox is the reason why I can't get one quickly though. :p

You will pay a $120 to $140 for one, and you will have to wait several months. BUT they are worth it and last forever.

I also recommend ordering one of their belts when you order the holster. They last just as long (years and decades) and work great for conceal carry to make a stable platform.

I find myself switching between the Crossbreed, a Galco King Tuk (alot cheaper), and a Dave Bullard IWB/OWB for most of my carry pieces. I really don't have a favorite between those three, as they are all very comfortable.

Don't have pics of the Crossbreed or the Galco handy on this PC, but here is a pic of the Bullard holster, for a XD Subcompact.

I will say, the Galco was the most 'affordable' ;)

My favorite is a cheap galco "stow and go" worn between the belt and pant rather than inside the waist band...I have two, one I dyed black (some reason galco doesn't make this one in black) the other I left alone. It's really quite comfortable.

I will be going with the Whitehat max tuck for my next hybrid holster -- I like the versatility of being able to change the kydex sheath to fit a different firearm without having to purchase a whole new rig. I didn't discover Whitehat until after I already had the Crossbreed -- don't get me wrong I like the Crossbreed, but the Whitehat is more versatile.

Remora is my choice.

MP45inRemora.jpg

BobMP45Remora.jpg

I'm 6'2" 200# - I've had good luck with the Crossbreed SuperTuck. For comparison, I've used the Raven Concealment ACR, Garrett Silent Thunder, Tucker Answer and some cheap Galco IWB holsters. For the money, the Crossbreed has been my favorite. The ACR was comfortable when walking, but I couldn't find a comfortable way to carry when sitting. The Garrett and Tucker Holsters were just as comfortable as the Crossbreed and seemed to be better quality, but not enough to justify the extra cost, IMHO.

If you do go with a Crossbreed, Google "Crossbreed Seconds" - they sell their factory blems for around $40 +shipping (price varies by style and condition). If they have what you're looking for, there's no waiting. I got one for my Glock 19 delivered in about a week for under $50. Maybe I got lucky, but I couldn't even tell where the imperfection was.

I just ordered this one from Kirkpatrick Leather ( Concealment iwb leather holsters and accesories - Hidden Defense TXC ). I use their Texas Strong Side for carrying outside the waistband and it's a great holster. Like someone else said, I tried IWB holsters with belt clips and have drawn the holster more than once.

I do like the look of the MTAC holster, might have gone with that if I had seen this thread earlier.

By the way, I'm old, short (5'10") and fat (235).

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top