JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Try one that's wide.... doesn't put as much pressure on your waist.
(275lbs checking in here) and the wider the holster the more comfortable it is...

I'm a big guy, 6'2" and 290lbs big, and I know that not all IWB holsters work for us bigger guys, so what in your opinion would be the preferred concealed carry holster? I'm hoping there are several to choose from. Thanks in advance.
:s0131: wow I'm 6'2" but only 185lbs

They are not cheap and you will have to wait six months to get it but Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 is the best out there. I carry a full sized 1911 all day every day. Pants goon, gun goes on. Pants come off, gun is in reach.
6'1" after my injury and now down to 200 even with an amazingly destroyed back.

I am a bigger guy myself and I find IWB holsters to be somewhat troublesome at times. One of the interesting things I found is that certain guns work better in IWB holsters in accordance to body type. I have owned a Crossbreed holster and it was quite comfortable but I was carrying a Springfield XD at the time which is a pretty bulky gun. Learning from that, I now carry a gun with a slimmer profile.

I like the idea of the MTAC holster because you can buy it and if you change guns for whatever reason, you do not have to get a whole new holster. It is modular so you can swap out the Kydex shell according to what gun you wish to carry. Well worth the $10 or so more than you could get a Crossbreed for.

Galco also has their Kingtuk IWB holster which I have no experience with but it looks a lot like a Crossbreed and is relatively affordable.
Galco holsters; Holsters; Gun holster, pistol holsters, western holsters, shoulder holsters, leather holster and Glock holsters

Good luck,
-D

Shaddox Tactical makes a soft inside the waist holster that is super comfortable. It is designed for people packing a few extra pounds. They sell them at Willamette Valley Arms in Hillsboro. Probably the most comfortable IWB Holster I've ever worn. Like the Supertuk and similar holster the Shaddox Tactical Deluxe IWB is designed to be worn at 4 to 5 o'clock position for best results.

I use one that is similar to the Crossbreed Supertuck. I bought mine from Tucker Gun Leather. Personal opinion but feel the quality is better, better craftsmanship. I know lots of people that swear by the Crossbreed holsters. I found that you are best to try as many as you can for comfort. Keep in mind, carrying is something you get use to and develop a comfort level with. Like drinking wine, at first is all tastes like cough syrup. A suggestion would be to go to your local indoor range or gun shop and see what the people that work there are wearing. You will often find they are wearing stuff that they might not even sale. What does that tell you?
tlakidd

I'm 6-4 but not that robust. For IWB with my frame, I like the Crossbreed a lot, and their service / speed is great.

At the Magpul class over a year ago, I did try the Crossbreed during the concealed section. Unfortunately, I ended up "drawing the holster" more than once. After fooling with that a few times, I changed back to my OWB. When seconds count, I couldn't guarantee a reliable draw on my IWB with belt clips. Some manufacturers do provide loops which can resolve that problem. However, I now carry OWB nearly all the time and find it nearly as concealable, even with my preferred wide body 5" 1911.

Whatever you get, I suggest you try some drills where you have to get rounds on target in 2 seconds. That should prove out your setup.

I'm 6'1" - 290. I have found the Summer Special II from Milt Sparks style holster in leather and the Comp=Tac Infidel in a kydex or the Garret Ind. Silent Thunder style holsters work best for me.

The main ingredient for comfortable carry is the proper belt. I have found that a good quality gun belt will make up for the lacking of most poor holsters BUT even ther very best holster will not make up for the lacking of a poor belt.

A few of my carry guns in their leather.

edca.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads