JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What are we likely to expect? Another rifle, handgun, ammo scare? Do you think it will be a short scare and lighten up like this one seems to be doing, or be worse? Your thoughts and questions please.

I think that the ammo shortage will start to fade once the economy picks up, The firearms ban scare will go away for now, however we may see it pop up again... but not with obama in the limelight on this issue.

Im thinking its going to take a year for ammo stocks to start to return back to normal...

I don't expect it to be as bad as it was post election. We had good reason to be alarmed and those that could afford it, bought a lot of firearms and a lot of ammo.

I think those who paid high prices and stocked up hoping to turn it for a huge profit when the 'ban' hit, are finding their investment is not going to pay off as well as they had hoped.

New gun owners that just wanted to have one before they were banned got one. For some it will sit in the closet.

For those of us who shoot our guns on a regular basis, I expect most will stock up a little more on ammo when the availability and price comes around and then replace what we shoot as we go so that we always have 'enough' stored away.

I don't expect to see any bans in the immediate future. No doubt, we will see attempts in the future, but not anytime soon. The anti's will wait for some mass murders with AKs and then they will take a run at it. They are not going away, they are just waiting for the political climate and public opinion to change.

Wait 'till the healthcare bill passes. To cover the cost of gunshot care in city trauma wards there will be an ammo tax imposed.
I will probably be pretty mild at first,... Think like 10-15%.
Before it is over it will be real stiff, think 30-100%.
If it comes as legislation there will be another run on ammo and reloading supplies and equipment, before the bill makes it through congress and is signed by the prez.
It may come by way of executive order however. If it does you will see ammo disappear from shelves overnight.

Just my TARP adjusted .07236 cents.

I dont think Obama will do anything in his first term. I think he would like to be elected a second term and with a gun ban I dont think he has much of a chance of election or living

All my contacts at ATK & Remington say the ammo is getting out more, you'll see more and more on the shelf by this winter. Right now they are concentrating on what calibers are selling, and trying to keep up with them. Once that slows down, you'll see other calibers show up more often.

They do not see an all out weapon ban, but the Gov. may take it out on the consumer in the way of taxes, like they do with alcohol and cigarettes.

All the people I speak with seem to have the same opinion. Once all the other junk is out of the way, such as health care etc., then you may see a focus on the firearm industry. But as long as people keep showing up to town hall meetings, and keep the voices heard with their representatives, it will be hard for anything to get passed.

But as long as people keep showing up to town hall meetings, and keep the voices heard with their representatives, it will be hard for anything to get passed.

This is the key. Make your voice heard by your state representatives. IN A RESPONSIBLE MANNER. The paranoid radical rantings of some only harm our objective. IMHO

I think we are in the cooling off period, over supply and good deals will be had but 2.5 to 3yrs. out I think we are looking at Handguns going at a good clip, not scarce though, AR Rifles as well, lots of guys coming back from the sandbox getting both and they will be teaching their kids to shoot on them.

I have an AR that will be my daughter's first hunting gun and if I build a 6.8 upper, it will be her first elk rifle too.

As for ammo. though it too is starting to be seen I think we are looking at strong consumption/production with a scare/tax creating a new shortage.

Hope I am wrong about that last one, as for AR15's and handguns......it is great to have more gun owners out there.

I think the smart people where those cashing in their stash during this scare...

IMO we will see most firearm prices drop to below or about the pre-scare prices in about a year and half to two years out. Around the time of the next election, things will get hairy once again, but not as bad. The current ammo crisis is here to stay through the new year tho, as people aren't done hoarding it all yet.

My opinion is that Obama Bin Laden will keep a low profile on the gun issue for now. However, if another school shooting occurs, he will start salivating with the desire to take advantage of the situation to sound out the general populace on the possibilty of "Gun Control". Don't forget that the Chicago gangsters who control him have virtually destroyed the Second Amendment along with other freedoms. We can all be thankful that we don't live there!

In the future we will see a national gun registration, with a limit of 1 firearm for each individual.

The United States will still be over in the Middle East securing oil for our (mostly their) consumption. Afghanistan will be Iraq2 and ammo shortages will be even more so.

All the brass production will be prioritize for the military. Of course there will be massive hyper-inflation and no one will be able to afford to pay the tax on the ammo let alone a firearm.

Unemployment will be higher, around 20%-45%...foreclosure on homes and commercial properties will be so bad that martial law will be enacted to protect the vacant and abandon buildings from being vandalized...prepare people. Its not over yet.

In the future we will see a national gun registration, with a limit of 1 firearm for each individual.

The United States will still be over in the Middle East securing oil for our (mostly their) consumption. Afghanistan will be Iraq2 and ammo shortages will be even more so.

All the brass production will be prioritize for the military. Of course there will be massive hyper-inflation and no one will be able to afford to pay the tax on the ammo let alone a firearm.

Unemployment will be higher, around 20%-45%...foreclosure on homes and commercial properties will be so bad that martial law will be enacted to protect the vacant and abandon buildings from being vandalized...prepare people. Its not over yet.

:s0114::s0112::s0114::s0112::s0114:

I see the ammo shortage thawing out. I can get components for reloading now, and I had saved up enough to keep me busy during the spell. It happed when Carter was elected, when Clinton was elected, and when Obama was elected. There's nothing new under the sun, and we've come a LONG way from the early 70s, where there was significant inflation (anyone remember 14% mortgages?). Hyperinflation is defined as 50% a month, as in the Weimar Republic... and that will never happen in the USA as long as all the corporations control the US Government. :winkkiss:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top