JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

E-Callers or traditional mouth calls?

• Traditional mouth?

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • E-callers (FoxPro)

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i have a fox pro and hand calls i have had a little better success with the fox pro cause you can set it away from where you are so when the yote comes in at the time you are calling he wont be looking at you so much and see you move while using a hand call being still is very important in coyote calling they can see a mouse move at about a 100 yrds now im not saying there are not some dumb ones out there but for the most part they are smart. Also having a decoy helps alot too cause once they are near to the prey they rely on their eye sight alot and if they see that decoy moving they focus heavly on it and not so much on whats going on around them. Thats whats good about a fox pro or other electronic callers.

i have a fox pro and hand calls i have had a little better success with the fox pro cause you can set it away from where you are so when the yote comes in at the time you are calling he wont be looking at you so much and see you move while using a hand call being still is very important in coyote calling they can see a mouse move at about a 100 yrds now im not saying there are not some dumb ones out there but for the most part they are smart. Also having a decoy helps alot too cause once they are near to the prey they rely on their eye sight alot and if they see that decoy moving they focus heavly on it and not so much on whats going on around them. Thats whats good about a fox pro or other electronic callers.

I also have the Jack-In-Box which can be connected to the unit and controlled with the remote which is cool and I checked it out 400 yards in semi-rugged terrain it still worked. I never used both together but the Jack-In-Box by it's self it worth the money. Had to buy 2 extra rabbits because if you are not watching they will come and tear it right off and brake it. It's good because the warranty is 5 years but the unit is tough and the replacement rabbits are cheap. I am going to try the owl for crow season. Tis the season to say if it flies it dies. Except this is my last year for pheasant hunting due to high prices for tags ($92 dollars for tag) not again.

There are a lot of coyotes around my place south of Salem. I think they got my dog last night. Would like to talk to someone about hunting them. Last year the sheep guys hired a guy and he killed 23 over the hill from me.

There are a lot of coyotes around my place south of Salem. I think they got my dog last night. Would like to talk to someone about hunting them. Last year the sheep guys hired a guy and he killed 23 over the hill from me.

Sorry to hear about your dog, hopefully it did not happen. If you have property and want free help and want a free dinner let me know. I would be happy to come and help you out. It would be good for you and fun for me. Let me know.

Scott

b

Have had great success Eastside calling,,,,,,,,not much west. Not sure why. Get barks,howls, but they do not get into view. Too much brush over here I think. I use electronic and mouth calls/w decoys.....much fun....

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top