JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have become more interested in precision style 22 shooting recently and was looking any opportunities to shoot with groups in the willamette valley area. Anything from casual golf ball style shoots to nrl style more competitive matches. I am a member at arpc but doesn't seem to be any matches like that I have seen. Thanks!

I have become more interested in precision style 22 shooting recently and was looking any opportunities to shoot with groups in the willamette valley area. Anything from casual golf ball style shoots to nrl style more competitive matches. I am a member at arpc but doesn't seem to be any matches like that I have seen. Thanks!
There hasn't been and it's unlikely there will be. I've considered pressing the issue at ARPC to do a precision rimfire match but haven't had the time in the last three years to do so.

I'm considering pursuing it as a discipline and seeing what I can come up with. I'd like to see the secondary 200y range be utilized for this purpose. It wouldn't take much. 25, 50, 75, 100, 150 and 200 yard boards to hold some targets etc.

There hasn't been much interest but considering how it would go and interest, it would be something worth pursuing possibly.

I wouldn't mind seeing a monthly or bi-monthly 'match'.

There are also options of doing different size of targets at 100y on paper. I've put a lot of thought into this in my free time in the last two years between work, school and family life. Now that I have more time....

Personally I would love to see something like this at arpc. The floor for involvement seems so low, I figure most gun owners have some flavor of 22 rifle available they could shoot. If anything were to happen on that front I would certainly be happy to help in any way that I could.

I was a little disappointed that the rimfire challenge wasn't a more Precision style shooting match. Still sounds fun but this sounds like something I'd be interested in.

I would love to have a reason to dedicate more time shooting long range and practicing.

I normally shoot smaller targets at closer ranges. Like project Appleseed AQT style from 50 to 80 feet, now that I think about it and haven't even gone to the main range yet at ARPC, they bays are perfect for family shooting and have been doing a lot of that.

Here's a target that I came up with for all my customers who tell me they have a "Tac-Driver .22 rimfire rifle" :

xWlzoYzl.jpg

I print these out onto tag-board paper that I got off Amazon. The tacks are same diameter as a thumb tack. Shoot at 45 yards from your bench and see how many tacks your .22 will drive. Post your targets, so we can see how well your .22 can do.

Clatskanie range hosts a monthly NRL22 match. (Clatskanie OR)
As well as interlake sporting association. (Kirkland wa)
North Central Wenatchee gun club does too.
Not sure whats up tho right now due to covid

Here's a target that I came up with for all my customers who tell me they have a "Tac-Driver .22 rimfire rifle" :

View attachment 721502

I print these out onto tag-board paper that I got off Amazon. The tacks are same diameter as a thumb tack. Shoot at 45 yards from your bench and see how many tacks your .22 will drive. Post your targets, so we can see how well your .22 can do.

I've got a new rimfire rifle coming in the next couple weeks, ill definitely give this a go.

What size paper do I print on? 8.5x11?

Yes, I do use 8½ X 11, but I got some target paper off ebay that I run through my printer that takes bullet holes a bit better than printer paper. Like the NRA paper targets. Just a little bit thicker.

View attachment 721502

When I get back to shooting I'll take you up on this.
Might not be until winter though... need more match ammo.

Clatskanie range hosts a monthly NRL22 match. (Clatskanie OR)
As well as interlake sporting association. (Kirkland wa)
North Central Wenatchee gun club does too.
Not sure whats up tho right now due to covid
Who are the points of contact at Clatskaine and Kirkland. I like to get on their disto list for match announcements. Thanks

View attachment 721502

Not to be a butt munch here but the saying "Tack driving" when referring to how well someone can shoot or how well a firearm shoots would be referring to a tack like this

they have about a .200" D head some as big as .250"

The target I provided should be a piece of cake then. :s0115:The firearms my customers were referring to are normal, everyday sporting .22 rifles, so that's what I was sorta referring to. No doubt a verified target version .22 should group 0.200 with good ammunition.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top