JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Yesterday's Precision Rifle Course was a huge success!!

The Fundamentals of shooting (Stance, Grip, Sight Alignment, Sight Picture, Trigger Press, Breathing and Follow Through) are not mental, they are all physical...so should be called fundaPHYSICALS.

Whereas, the actual fundaMENTALS of shooting are; DETERMINATION, DECISIONS, PRESENCE, and CONCENTRATION.

We did not focus on the fundaPHYSICALS of marksmanship....we focused on the fundaMENTALS of precision marksmanship. Those are the true skills of precision shooting no matter the weapon system or the distance. We even used handguns for concentration practice.....fired at distance, on one foot, with one hand. Had the students nailing an 8" plate with their rifle at 100 yards standing on one foot, and 2x2 stickies at 40 yards standing.

When you can concentrate on the movement that gets you through a long trigger press, the precision rifle trigger is a piece of cake!!!!!

Making a blueprint, knowing how you did what you did, leads to replicating consistent shots.

Congrats to all that chose to change their shot control lives today. Hell....even got Jon Pynch to hit the target on one foot today!!!!

In case folks don't know who Jon Pynch is, he's the 2018 Long Range Shooting Champion, in the Precision Rifle Series.

Long Range Shooting Champion Jon Pynch Closes out 2018 with Multiple Wins

A big thanks to Joel Turner of ShotIQ for taking lead as only JT can. I had some time to spend with some of the students after the class to go over some pistol work...yep, Jon Pynch as well. Said he's looking for time to get in a pistol class.

Myself, Jon Pynch, and Joel Turner

PR1.jpg

Jon at 35 yards, on one foot using the fundaMENTALS to nail the shot, time after time.

PR2.jpg

The Class Act!

PR3.jpg

Last Edited:
Jon at 35 yards, on one foot using the fundaMENTALS to nail the shot, time after time.

View attachment 596053

That was "weak handed" BTW.

Jon's massive boom stick weighed in at 20 lbs. :s0001:

Great class, definitely worth the time. I wish I could have stayed and played more with you guys but I had to bail. I have been wanting to get get a bow for a while, I'll be giving Joel a call before I make my purchase.

You made some great shots as well...especially that one with your rifle at 50 yards, standing on one foot...dead center! Then tagging the 2x2 stickies...

What make and model is your scope?

You made some great shots as well...especially that one with your rifle at 50 yards, standing on one foot...dead center! Then tagging the 2x2 stickies...

What make and model is your scope?

My best shots were at the 150 yard line when I was on 1x and didn't even realize it, Joel cranked me up to 6x afterward.

I was using my Kahles 1-6x24i that belongs on my SIONICS Patrol 3E LW upper. The upper I was using was an 18" SOLGW SPR w/ a rifle length gas tube. I had it on my same lower with the A5 tube and the H3 buffer (I should have let you shoot it, smooooth). My plan it pick up a Nightforce 2.5x10x42 NXS with the Mil-R for it.

So far that A5H3 combo has worked wonderfully on my 14.5" BCM mid-length, 16" SIONICS mid-length, 18" SOLGW SPR rifle length and Colt 16" carbine 6920.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top