JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well with it raised much it holds my head up to much for me to see through the scope so yeah. If I had taller rings I would be ok but with what I got I keep it down.
Ahh. I see what you are saying. I'd say that is eye alignment, not eye relief. Threw me off there for a second.

I have used the PRS for quite a while and agree with what most everyone else has said already. Heavy but if on a bench gun, really nice to have all the adjustability most would ever need. I recently got a PRS lite and it works great for much less money. Can't go wrong with either. Pick the one the fits your needs and pocket book.

All those with the PRS light, I've seen the cheek piece flex. Is it noticeable?

XLR's have some nice stocks that will fit onto an AR. Need a commercial buffer tube and not the standard mil-spec one.
That would rule me out, I don't touch those things...MilSpec receiver extensions only. I don't know why manufacturers still use that garbage, well yeah I do, nickel and diming it to death.

That would rule me out, I don't touch those things...MilSpec receiver extensions only. I don't know why manufacturers still use that garbage, well yeah I do, nickel and diming it to death.
XLR's have some nice stocks that will fit onto an AR. Need a commercial buffer tube and not the standard mil-spec one.

It's NOT a commercial buffer tube. It is outside of the comm/mil comparison for AR buffer tubes. It does not have the lower ridge which an AR carbine stock would click into. It is a bare round tube of very high quality.

It's NOT a commercial buffer tube. It is outside of the comm/mil comparison for AR buffer tubes. It does not have the lower ridge which an AR carbine stock would click into. It is a bare round tube of very high quality.

I went and looked it up and would bet that stock would work with both commercial and milspec diameter tubes as the stock appears to clamp on the tube, it is basically a pistol style RE, I suspect it would also work on a Vltor A5 pistol tube (which are milspec.)

All those with the PRS light, I've seen the cheek piece flex. Is it noticeable?
It wiggles a tiny bit, its not noticeable on the cheek IMO but I dont shoot my AR a whole lot. For what Magpul is Im ok with mine but I wouldnt call Magpul high end or expect more in the Lite version anyways for its price.

another vote for the XLR stocks. I used to run one on my 3-gun rifle and it's solid once you get it set up.
33442148220_872a8d1965_b.jpg

Tomato tomahto.. I found with most ARs since the stock is the same height as the rail a cheek rest is almost pointless for me.
That's where I'm at.
Even with a 1.93" mount I don't raise the one on my Luth stock and have a solid cheekweld.
I use a 1.93" with a 2.5-10 on another and use a regular ol Magpul carbine stock.

I have Magpul PRS stocks on my PRS/NRL guns and like them. They are heavy, but help to balance the rifle out. If you have a heavy barrel and huge scope, weight obviously isn't a huge concern.
They are solid stocks and the adjustability is great. That said, the rest of my ARs wear A2 stocks. Tough to beat. I never liked the feel of the cheesy collapsible stocks.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top