JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Have this guy. Never had a precision style stock on an AR before outside of the common length of pull ones.

Magpul has two, PRS and PRS lite.

There are a few others out there too.

Looking to hear all of your thoughts on them.

Sort of like the Magpul lite. There is also the Fab Defense fancy one. I know there are more, but I'm not too familiar.

E33022D4-32EC-4B6A-957B-9963DCC093DE.jpeg

I have the PRS light. I think its a good balance between weight and precision features. Before it I never got a good cheek weld on the CTR adjustable stock, but... I didnt really have to adjust the PRS cheek weld part much at all which I thought was odd. Overall I like it and its an improvement, I also like its LOP is adjustable.

The new B5 adjustable stock is making a big splash from what I'm told. It is more than 7oz lighter than the PRS and fixes one on the PRS gripes, it collapses to a shorter LOP. Just miss a killer deal of BF, they were going for $150+/-. I'm kicking myself because I wanted one but put my BF money elsewhere, but I want to replace my PRS stock with one of these...
https://www.recoilweb.com/hands-on-with-the-new-b5-systems-precision-stock-148860.html
https://www.thearmorylife.com/review-b5-systems-precision-stock/
B5 SYSTEMS - 556 COLLAPSIBLE PRECISION STOCKS

(Someone please pass it on to @Reno he ignores me)

The new B5 adjustable stock is making a big splash from what I'm told. It is more than 7oz lighter than the PRS and fixes one on the PRS gripes, it collapses to a shorter LOP. Just miss a killer deal of BF, they were going for $150+/-. I'm kicking myself because I wanted one but put my BF money elsewhere, but I want to replace my PRS stock with one of these...
https://www.recoilweb.com/hands-on-with-the-new-b5-systems-precision-stock-148860.html
https://www.thearmorylife.com/review-b5-systems-precision-stock/
B5 SYSTEMS - 556 COLLAPSIBLE PRECISION STOCKS

(Someone please pass it on to @Reno he ignores me)
passing along...

The PRS is GREAT but heavy and costly I have one on my PTR. If they were cheaper Id own more.

The PRS light I have on my 7.62x39 build is awesome and half the price and have a decent amount of adjusting.. I just hate needing a tool to do so.

However despite owning both of those stocks.. the classic A2 is still my go to for a perfect length/height stock (for me). We just need those delta style cheek risers to come back to market.

I have the PRS on my "target" AR which is a 24" Bushmaster Varminiter with a can on the end so it was really front heavy. The PRS really helps balance it out nicely. It also has the right placement for your left hand when shooting from a bipod. Of course the adjustments are great also.

I have not tried the Lite version, but needing tools to adjust would not be a big deal for me. I have not adjusted my PRS since the initial setting when I put it on at least 15 years ago.

As others have said an A2 is a good stock overall, it is just not sexy or cool.

Last Edited:
I want cheek height. I have it on a few now and I don't want to shoot without it anymore.
Then the PRS/PRS Lite should work for you, I barely adjusted my PRS Lite cheek height when I got it, it seemed like just the extra material there was enough. (I thought I would need a lot more than I did given how high AR scopes sit over the barrel)
IIRC your in my area you can check mine out if you want.

It depends on your scope rings height really. I have a prs gen2 and don't adjust the cheek rest at all. It puts my eye relief out too much. I like the prs it is heavy but feels good and balanced out the 20in barrel nicely.

20211230_081221.jpg 20211230_081227.jpg

Then the PRS/PRS Lite should work for you, I barely adjusted my PRS Lite cheek height when I got it, it seemed like just the extra material there was enough. (I thought I would need a lot more than I did given how high AR scopes sit over the barrel)
IIRC your in my area you can check mine out if you want.
TCGC meet up?
I have a prs gen2 and don't adjust the cheek rest at all. It puts my eye relief out too much
I don't think that's how that works.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads