JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I Have a Post (Clinton) ban Bushmanster Car 15. The Barrel does not have a flash hider on it. Is it possible for a gun smith to machine the end of the barrel and attach a flash hider or do I need to purchase a new barrel?

Reco

Last Edited:
yes you can have a gunsmith or machinest ,(cheaper to have a machinist do it cause some smiths just send them out to a machinist the bump of the cost to middle man it) thread.

it will cost between $35-60 + cost of flash hider.

yes you can have a gunsmith or machinest ,(cheaper to have a machinist do it cause some smiths just send them out to a machinist the bump of the cost to middle man it) thread.

it will cost between $35-60 + cost of flash hider.

Not necessarily, depends on the way in which the exisiting muzzle brake is installed. I just went through the same scenario, sent my upper to Bushmaster to have the old pinned brake replaced and was advised that it could not be replaced because of how it was pinned, ended up getting a replacement barrell instead (they took care of me because of an error on their part) I am so happy with what I have now! I would call them and give them your serial number and see if you are in the same boat I was in.

Richard

Not necessarily, depends on the way in which the exisiting muzzle brake is installed. I just went through the same scenario, sent my upper to Bushmaster to have the old pinned brake replaced and was advised that it could not be replaced because of how it was pinned, ended up getting a replacement barrell instead (they took care of me because of an error on their part) I am so happy with what I have now! I would call them and give them your serial number and see if you are in the same boat I was in.

Richard

All they had to do turn it on the lathe to the point that the muzzle break was so thin it could be broken off exposing the threads then a flash hider could be re attached. in your case your barrel would be too short and would require a longer flash hider like a phantom reattached to and pinned and and welded over the pin to obtain legal lenth however for bushmaster to do it it would be spendy

it sounds like the op here has one that does not have a permenate break on it.

Heres the Barrel end It looks think enough for some Machinest work. What you guys think?

It was back when the AR werent allowed to be sold with bayonet lugs or muzzel breaks.

Reco

yes that can be turned shop around since that is a full 16" you just need to have it threaded then screw on a flash hider you wont need to have one pinned for legal lenth (unless you cut it. )

I insist. Chech Tornado Technologies (post #3). They are located in Hillsboro. Barrel threaind is what they do. Quality of their work is top notch. Pricing is reasonable. But you are also paying for their expertise.
<broken link removed>

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top