JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
What is my rifle worth?

A7B6421B-BE0B-4A59-963B-79B197D82B21.jpeg

If you sell it you will be forever sorry. The gun and the money will both be gone. I have a pre-war 30-06 that can shoot tiny groups.

For the Model 70, Pre-War .257 Roberts is shown with:

Excellent: $3,350
Very Good: $2,650
Good: $1,700
Fair: $1,100
Poor: $500

View attachment 618119
Yeah, kind of but not really. The op needs to give us the first 3 digits of the serial number followed by xx. This will tell me when it was made. The safety lever isnt "pre war", its a transitional "type II model. Those were made after the war and up to 1949. Unless its been swapped out, then that reduces the value, as well as the receiver being drilled and tapped for a scope mount. If its a post war transitional model, im guessing the serial # is closer to the 95xxx range. When evaluating the value of these old rifles, there is so much that needs to be considered. So the picture and value estimates is a good rule of thumb, IF we know the real condition of the rifle and that depends entirely on how "original" the rifle is. 1 fuzzy picture just isnt going to cut it here. Op, if you can post more pics. Good pics too, because that will help determine if there has been any work done to it. For instance, a receiver that has extra (not from the factory) holes in it will greatly reduce the value. Another example that reduces the value is a stock that has been cut down, or one that has been whittled away to allow for an aperture sight. More pics is key here.

Last Edited:
Do you have a number for a 1939 in .270, my dad was curious

Indeed. Per your request, from the aforementioned standard text on the topic:

.270 Winchester (1937—1963):

Excellent: $2,300
Very Good: $1,850
Good: $1,200
Fair: $500*
Poor: $500*

Relevant screenshot:

1568864072418.png

If I may be of any assistance, at your service. :)

If you're going to sell that, sell it somewhere that emphasizes appreciation for a rifle like that. Selling that here is like trying to sell a 69 Chevelle SS to someone looking for a Honda Civic.
It seems like everyone is looking to buy the cheapest honda civic they can get their hands on too.... Not like the good ol days anymore... and also, the OP never answered my questions. Its likely not a "pre war", and if it is, it's been drilled and tapped, thus reducing the collector's value. If you look at the safety, it's either been modified/changed to a tilden or similar or it's newer than what the op says it is. A simple serial # check would confirm that... I'm not going to be like some here and throw out book value when it's not confirmed on when it was made. Then after that, I'd use the Winchester red book of values, as that is the best and most accurate form of values when it comes to assessing Winchester firearms....;)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads