JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just curious. How many of you would like it if a manufacturer put a firearm through the proper break in, rather than two test fires, before shipping? I am kind of torn. It would be nice to know that the thing is ready to go right out of the box, rather than finding a problem that it needs to be sent back for, or having to go through all the failure to feeds that some new guns have before they are properrly broken in.

I know that my Kahr PM40 definately needed the break in before it was reliable, and I have read a number of posts on new 1911's needing it as well. I realize the cost would go up, but would it be worth it to you to have the peace of mind that your firearm is truly good to go?

I'm happy the way it is. I feel it is bad practice to be carrying around a gun that they haven't shot enough to break in. People should also have shot several hundred rounds of the actual ammo they intend to use in their concealed carry weapon too.

I'm happy the way it is. I feel it is bad practice to be carrying around a gun that they haven't shot enough to break in. People should also have shot several hundred rounds of the actual ammo they intend to use in their concealed carry weapon too.

Weeeell... on the one hand, yeah. Never carry ammo you haven't shot a couple hundred rounds of through your gun.

On the other hand, it would be nice if manufacturers didn't sell guns that weren't reliable shooters from the get-go.

I prefer to be the one that does any "breaking" in on my firearms. If these are to protect my life I want to know these babies from the time they are born to the time I send them to heaven. Except Ruger's of course, they will get passed down to the kids.

I know that personally, I've always wished new cars came with 30,000 miles on them.....
I dont mind paying new car prices, but I wish someone else could put that first scratch in it, and wear some butt grooves into the seat, and figure out how to set my radio stations.

:s0131:

If you want a gun that's already been "broken in", buy used....... OR, I have a few guns that are "broken in" that I would happily sell you for full new gun retail price.

Personally, I love to buy guns that are used, but only enough rounds to get through the break-in. Assuming the seller is honest, you just let them take the brunt of it, like buying a car after someone else paid the full price and drove it for 10,000 miles, or a laborador who is two years old and past the chewing stage.

Now, hunting rifles are different. It really matters, to me, how that barrel was broken in.

Who cares? I want to know what's for dinner. :D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads