JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Living on a farm, it's very unusual to see strangers loitering anywhere near us. Yesterday, there was a fellow who seemed to be resting in the shade of a tree beside our gravel road. I acknowledged him as I drove by, and noticed his tattoos. They extended up the side of his neck, and possibly onto his scalp (short haircut). Later, I passed by the spot again and saw he had left an empty water bottle. Whoever he is, he doesn't see this area as "home", and a place to keep clean.

We currently have 5 or 6 mountain lions in our area, so most of us are keeping our eyes peeled. But seeing this fellow 'hanging out' has sent up a red flag for me. Maybe he was just passing through, but we're going to be even more aware of our surroundings now.

This video is about some of the signals that might be noticed before trouble starts. Be safe, friends.

Even places that used to be considered "safe" often find this. Scum spreads. Much of the scum is now EXTREMELY entitled now days. A good reason to NEVER be un armed. While most of us will go our entire lives and never need a gun, a few of us will need one some time. Often it's at some time when it was least expected.

Probably casing a house .
Maybe your house .
Watching when people leave and come back
Trying to get a idea of when is a good time to break into a house.
Or just decided to take a walk .
In the farm country.
BAHAHA LOL .

If he left a water bottle .
Go get it and save it . finger prints.
If someone has a break in .
Give it to the police .
Then they have a suspect

I'd suggest you investing into quality remotely monitored indoor and outdoor surveillance cameras with online backup.
BTW, thanks for the video! It is always good to refresh a self-defense mindset.

Last Edited:
If he left a water bottle .
Go get it and save it . finger prints.
If someone has a break in .
Give it to the police .
Then they have a suspect

THIS!

I did that with a metal coffee can that had clothespins in it on my breezeway in another story that I posted on here about an attempted break in my former newly built house, back east, in safe/farm/lake country when I was in my 20's. MY old German Shepherd nailed his butt - blood and more. When they finally caught this criminal who never went for treatment from my GS dog bites in defending my home, my exact details, SD deputy report, others who had break ins but NO GS stopped the bad man as mine did helped with the court case and CONVICTION OF THE CRIMINAL.

Cate

THIS!

I did that with a metal coffee can that had clothespins in it on my breezeway in another story that I posted on here about an attempted break in my former newly built house, back east, in safe/farm/lake country when I was in my 20's. MY old German Shepherd nailed his butt - blood and more. When they finally caught this criminal who never went for treatment from my GS dog bites in defending my home, my exact details, SD deputy report, others who had break ins but NO GS stopped the bad man as mine did helped with the court case and CONVICTION OF THE CRIMINAL.

Cate

And the man was a LOCAL MAN aka criminal not a criminal transient although that IS happening more and more who was casing homes and businesses and WE were CASED because we worked in the city but lived in the boonies. Early 70's - my late husband's home state. After we built our first house after his Nam and around the world USN time. My late husband left early and I left after him.

This man used to hide in the corn fields, barns, sheds, etc. He worked and watched when people left including OLD LADIES in the 70's when they went to town - a village 2.5 miles away. He did his crimes in the day time and in the night time too.

Cate

I'd suggest you investing into quality remotely monitored indoor and outdoor surveillance cameras with online backup.
BTW, thanks for the video! It is always good to refresh a self-defense mindset.

The criminal that they caught but 2 are still on the loose up in Sanders and Lincoln counties (Who knows where they are now?!) that I wrote about in another thread or post this week STOLE one old man's cameras all over his ENTIRE property.

I alerted my old friend up north. Later on, we talked again and it was on the news too.

My old friend up north said that a neighbor called his neighbor aka VICTIM, not my close old friend, and said that he saw 3 men running across his land. One truck got stolen and was crashed. The one man fled on foot. They caught him. Two are on the loose.

The drug dealer was let out of jail. More and more odd things and crime are going on.

When people complained for several YEARS now including a woman who complained some time ago - she had a home invasion and was beaten up and threatened. MASKED men. He husband was gone and they came in and beat her up. RURAL remote area. Now, you think about this - that lady was NO spring chicken from what my old friend said. HE KNOWS THEM WELL AND I DO NOT KNOW THEM. They live in Sanders County close to Lincoln county but I am not sure of what rural road.

The rural areas are infected. Years ago, in the early 2000's, I wrote about criminals STEALING farmer's fuel, fertilizer and other things that they use to make drugs. That crapola is still going on only on a much HIGHER BASIS all across this nation and NOT only in the Great Lakes region.

Cate

Living on a farm, it's very unusual to see strangers loitering anywhere near us. Yesterday, there was a fellow who seemed to be resting in the shade of a tree beside our gravel road. I acknowledged him as I drove by, and noticed his tattoos. They extended up the side of his neck, and possibly onto his scalp (short haircut). Later, I passed by the spot again and saw he had left an empty water bottle. Whoever he is, he doesn't see this area as "home", and a place to keep clean.

We currently have 5 or 6 mountain lions in our area, so most of us are keeping our eyes peeled. But seeing this fellow 'hanging out' has sent up a red flag for me. Maybe he was just passing through, but we're going to be even more aware of our surroundings now.

This video is about some of the signals that might be noticed before trouble starts. Be safe, friends.

This is a very good video and thank you.

You are right in having a bad vibe or be on the alert feeling about a stranger in your area if you normally do not see this in a rural area. (Or in any other area to other posters here.) Not just for being there but because he left his trash behind him. (Ugh.)

Alert your neighbors if you have not done this already especially if you are in a remote area. Maybe someone can take a picture of him if he is still hanging around.

He could be casing the area since many people go away on holiday weekends and many criminals figure that no one will notice them.

Stay safe and thanks again for the video.

Cate

The criminal that they caught but 2 are still on the loose up in Sanders and Lincoln counties (Who knows where they are now?!) that I wrote about in another thread or post this week STOLE one old man's cameras all over his ENTIRE property.

I alerted my old friend up north. Later on, we talked again and it was on the news too.

My old friend up north said that a neighbor called his neighbor aka VICTIM, not my close old friend, and said that he saw 3 men running across his land. One truck got stolen and was crashed. The one man fled on foot. They caught him. Two are on the loose.

The drug dealer was let out of jail. More and more odd things and crime are going on.

When people complained for several YEARS now including a woman who complained some time ago - she had a home invasion and was beaten up and threatened. MASKED men. He husband was gone and they came in and beat her up. RURAL remote area. Now, you think about this - that lady was NO spring chicken from what my old friend said. HE KNOWS THEM WELL AND I DO NOT KNOW THEM. They live in Sanders County close to Lincoln county but I am not sure of what rural road.

The rural areas are infected. Years ago, in the early 2000's, I wrote about criminals STEALING farmer's fuel, fertilizer and other things that they use to make drugs. That crapola is still going on only on a much HIGHER BASIS all across this nation and NOT only in the Great Lakes region.

Cate
Yep, our neighborhoods are contaminated with parasites.
I agree that hardware - cameras and hard-drive, - is more likely to be stolen or destroyed during the intrusion, but at the time video files will be already saved in online storage and can be used for documenting the crime, and possibly for identifying suspects, and if self-defense action happened - for proving the legitimacy of using deadly force against intruders.

Last Edited:
Yep, our neighborhoods are contaminated with parasites.
I agree that hardware - cameras and hard-drive, - is more likely to be stolen or destroyed during the intrusion, but at the time video files will be already saved in online storage and can be used for documenting the crime, and possibly for identifying suspects, and if self-defense action happened - for proving the legitimacy of using deadly force against intruders.

This is true too.

Thank you.

Cate

I think the garbage is caring less and less about being known.
They used to lurk in the shadows, but the liberals are making it welcome for them to do their damage in broad daylight.

They know people in rural areas are sometimes easy targets with little to no witnesses, and people are away from home for longer periods of time.

Stay armed, know your neighbors and protect each other.
If either of you will be gone or out of town let it be known.

Pre-dig a few holes

So on Thursday a friend of mine got the call from his alarm company or what ever.
Any way he had to leave work because someone broke into his house.
Lucky the alarm went off cops show up in a few minutes .
Nothing was stolen.
Who ever it was got spooked and just left empty handed.
And he lives out a ways .
I have not got to talk to him yet .
And get the details.

You beat me to it!

As of surveillance, I not only have a home system with online backup, but also dash cameras in each of my vehicle.

Those (dash cams) can be worth their weight in gold and are very cheap now. So cheap I run a pair of them now. If one fails the other is recording. One accident can pay for a lifetime supply of them. Not to mention they are great for capturing some incredible stuff drivers see daily on the road.

Those (dash cams) can be worth their weight in gold and are very cheap now. So cheap I run a pair of them now. If one fails the other is recording. One accident can pay for a lifetime supply of them. Not to mention they are great for capturing some incredible stuff drivers see daily on the road.
We have them in all our trucks .
At work.
And if I see something say like I am parked in a parking lot or something like that.
I can hit the switch and it will record.

We have them in all our trucks .
At work.
And if I see something say like I am parked in a parking lot or something like that.
I can hit the switch and it will record.

Yep recent one was that crane that fell and killed those people up north of me. That was caught on some drivers dash cam. You could hear the driver and passenger swearing as they were watching it come down. Youtube is full of some great stuff commercial trucks captured on theirs while on the road.

Lol people are stupid.
They forget there are camera's everywhere.
So two weeks ago I am at a store in Spokane.
Waiting to do a delivery.
A guy and girl walk out to a Jeep parked in the parking lot about 30 yards in front of my truck.
The guy gets in the Jeep.
The girl open the door then lifts her skirt sqauts down a pee in the parking lot.
Lol I hit the camera switch and record the whole thing.
Lol just for the hell of it so the company that review our videos will have something to watch.

I see all kinds of stuff at this store.
I get there at 22:00
And there is a bar right next door .
So I see all the people doing stupid stuff when they leave the bar

Yep camera's are everywhere and some still keep seeming to forget it. Was showing a coworker one from NJ last week. Couple LEO's have some scum teen on the ground and he is being an A$$. One punches the kid in the face a few times while it's being filmed. So you can imagine what's going to happen now. Scum kid will get a huge pay out. Cop will most likely lose his job. Kid deserved what he got but the Police have to learn they can't lose control like that any more.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top