JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's the goal. If successful, "we" (SAF and others) will have to be fighting off city and county governments with multitudes of lawsuits. Here's what would happen under a loss of pre-emption:

County "A" will pass a prohibition on carry of firearms in manner "A"
City "B" within the same area will pass a prohibition on carry of firearms in manner "B"

The requirements of County "A" and City "B" will be in complete conflict. This will be done by design to make it impossible for citizens to always be in compliance with all ordinances. This was done by anti-gunners in Illinois years ago.

Open is OPEN!
Well IMO open carry is dumb. If you're carrying concealed you can go anywhere (for the most part) without being detected. Legal or not.

Open carry is simply an open invitation to be harassed by citizens and LE. Not really my gig. I'd much rather go unnoticed.

With that said you're free to do what you feel is best.

Well IMO open carry is dumb. If you're carrying concealed you can go anywhere (for the most part) without being detected. Legal or not.

Open carry is simply an open invitation to be harassed by citizens and LE. Not really my gig. I'd much rather go unnoticed.

With that said you're free to do what you feel is best.

Please tell me what the phrase "Concealed means CONCEALED" means to you?

To me it means "I don't care if the law prohibits me from carrying a pistol for defensive purposes, because I will conceal it and not get arrested". It also means to me "I can't USE my pistol for self defense because then I will be arrested and charge for carrying in violation of the law".

So, I reject this philosophy of "Concealed means concealed" because it tells me that people don't think their rights are worth the political and legal costs of securing them.

Please tell me what the phrase "Concealed means CONCEALED" means to you?

To me it means "I don't care if the law prohibits me from carrying a pistol for defensive purposes, because I will conceal it and not get arrested". It also means to me "I can't USE my pistol for self defense because then I will be arrested and charge for carrying in violation of the law".

So, I reject this philosophy of "Concealed means concealed" because it tells me that people don't think their rights are worth the political and legal costs of securing them.
Concealed means concealed - I carry everywhere I go. Signs or no signs. If I have it on me and I am FORCED to deploy my firearm then I will deal with the consequences once we reach that bridge.

It's all risk assessment. Probability of getting caught carrying is very low. Probability of having to use my firearm is also very low. But I'll be damned if I allow myself to walk around defenseless just because of an arbitrary law or someone hung a sign cause their building is a "safe, inclusive, woke and inviting location."

I'll do me. You do you.

Edit - I am ok with being arrested. At least my family and I have a higher probability of being alive. I damn sure am not going to put all my eggs in the bag of LE coming to my rescue or some piece of paper keeping dirt bags out. Signs are like restraining orders (just with even less legalities or consequences. Other than being asked to leave) they do absolutely nothing to protect you.

Last Edited:
Concealed means concealed - I carry everywhere I go. Signs or no signs. If I have it on me and I am FORCED to deploy my firearm then I will deal with the consequences once we reach that bridge.

It's all risk assessment. Probability of getting caught carrying is very low. Probability of having to use my firearm is also very low. But I'll be damned if I allow myself to walk around defenseless just because of an arbitrary law or someone hung a sign cause their building is a "safe and inviting location."

I'll do me. You do you.
And if you try to do me, I'll do you first, twice as hard and make you wish you'd never been born.

In just went into Walmart and saw a guy walking out with a pistol in an OWB holster on his right hip. I turned my head around as I was about to enter and noted the distinctive Glock grip and magazine. Just a regular working guy going about his business.

In just went into Walmart and saw a guy walking out with a pistol in an OWB holster on his right hip. I turned my head around as I was about to enter and noted the distinctive Glock grip and magazine. Just a regular working guy going about his business.
I've seen it as well. More power to them. The more eyes focused on them means the less eyes on me.

I did not notice if he had a grocery bag so I wonder it they asked him to leave
1676592325427.png

I'll do everything in my power to make sure my family and I walk away alive. Period.
^^This^^

I used to be very pro open carry, but I was young and thought that by doing so I was somehow promoting and upholding the 2nd. Nowadays I don't open carry unless on my own property with my rat killer 22.

I never had a problem from anyone including LE or had any confrontations regarding it but it was some time ago before everyone got all Karen crazy.

Now I just carry a big stick and keep mouth shut, never any issues.

I had a buddy who was a multinomah(sp?) County sheriff tell me that from the legal standpoint neither him nor I can carry in restricted areas, but he as a proud pro gun american carrys a firearm everywhere including bars banks and the such. He also believes in facing the consequences after drawing down rather than succumbing to an attacker.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top