JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm wondering what the selling point of advertising a firearm as "pre- ban" would be, since the ban lapsed and we can now put any of those evil extras on our rifles, regardless of the year it was made. I see this in not just our classified section, but gun classifieds everywhere. Does it still make a difference? Or, is it being used as a selling point to the less knowledgable? Any thoughts?

In some parts of this country, Pre-Ban still has a very big importance. Just because it doesnt matter in Oregon anymore doesnt mean it doesnt matter in places like New York or other states.

Actually, pre-ban makes a BIG difference if you are looking for SKS and AK47 semiautos. Before the ban China made guns for the commercial US market that were of very good quality and workmanship. They wanted to break into the American commercial market to succeed, and so kept a very high standard of quality, and the guns were of entirely new manufacture with the best machining and processes available, and perfectly blued finishes.

After the ban there is no further importation of any new manufacture military-design guns that I know of. Russia exports the newly made Saiga rifles in a "sporting" configuration, and various "used" military SKS from many nations are on the "military surplus" market. But there is no NEW quality production of military pattern guns for the commercial market. Everything is conversions now involving a mix of foreign parts, both new and used, and a base of US made parts to assemble a converted military design. Quality is very iffy in a mix of surplus parts assembled on a US receiver, and the product is quite inferior to pre-ban guns. They might function fine, but they will never inspire awe with their messy machining and spray-painted finishes, unlike the perfect pre-ban guns.................................elsullo

When I lived around Denver it mattered to people coming into the shop I worked in. Denver proper had an assault weapon ban so people who lived in the city proper had to worry about it. Those of us who lived outside the city limits were less concerned...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top