Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Pre-Ban Vs. Post-Ban Vs. No-Ban Plastic Bags

Discussion in 'Preparedness & Survival' started by huntpotter, Oct 14, 2011.

1. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

Hey Guys,

So Portland has banned the use of plastic bags for your groceries.

I've been listening to the radio, and knew that the ban was comming in. So I've been stocking up on plastic bags. I'll be covered....... Will you?

I would have to presume that all the bags manufactured before 10-15-11 would be considered Pre-Ban.

Anybody else going to be hoarding and selling pre-ban bags? maybe we could get a racket going where we go to Washington and stock up on the No-Ban bags, and then take them to P-town, and sell them as pre-ban bags.....:thumbup:

2. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

So will Portland require proof of manufacture before the ban date? Hopefully, this doesn't lead to predatory pricing on pre-ban bags.

3. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Portland Completely Out of Ammo

4. The Duck

The Duck Oregon Active Member

I wonder when/if the ban gets lifted, people will still sell bags as "Pre-Ban" to make them more valuable! Or does that just make them old bags?

5. Asp

Asp Oregon, the promise land. Active Member

6. bruzer

bruzer Grants Pass, OR Well-Known Member

I have some pre-ban mags. How many pre-ban bags can I get in trade? I am chuckling to myself as I type.
    Mike

7. drew

drew OR Well-Known Member

I'm still wondering why they didn't ban the black high capacity assault bags. Doesn't everyone know they're evil?

locobob, EMP9596, Gunner3456 and 3 others like this.
  8. locobob

locobob Beaverton, Oregon Well-Known Member

I have a box of pre-ban, high-cap bags.... I should probably turn them in at the next bag buy back, obviously they have no legitimate shopping purpose, only a mass shopper would need such things.

9. Barefoot343

Barefoot343 liberalville Active Member

another portland idea that makes no sense. I wonder if these fools who came up with the idea for this ban ever walked out of the store with groceries when the east wind was blowing 40 mph and rain was coming down sideways. Only takes a little water on those paper sacks to make them rip and fall all over the wet pavement. Besides what happened to saving the trees and the freaking owls. Hey keep Portland weird I guess.

stupidity at its finest.

10. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Those pre-ban bags are evil. I hear the have the shoulder thing that goes up.

11. civilian75

civilian75 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Next step: ban plastic bags used to wrap the newspapers. :p

12. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

Just one more step towards the eventual ban on newspapers and news in general. Remember - an uninformed society is an easily controlled society.

Rascals and (deleted member) like this.
  13. A.I.P.

A.I.P. UpperUS Active Member

I want the bag with the bayonet lug and the funny stock

14. EMP9596

EMP9596 Two Trees West of Camas, WA. Active Member

I assume you people are aware that the pre-ban bags clogged garbage sorting equipment at the transfer stations.
    Now is this going to cause another unemployment problem as they will not have to shut equipment down as often to clear the pre-ban/post-ban bags after the post-ban goes into effect.

Crap never a politician around for a solution when you need one.. Probly ought to pre-ban/post-ban them to?

15. A.I.P.

A.I.P. UpperUS Active Member

Oh Please, YES!

16. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

My family are prepared. We've been stockpil...collecting...pre-ban bags for months now. I think we have enough to flood the market and help keep prices down, or artificially control the prices in this general area.

17. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

Can you sell bags to people from other states? I would get a bill of sale and ask for ID,CBL