JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
  2. For Trade
Price
$1100
Manufacturer
Colt
Caliber
223 Remington
City
Aloha
State
Oregon
Zip Code
I bought this rifle new, some time in the mid 80's and I'm the only owner. I shot IPSC and then some NRA Highpower with it, so it's had a lot of rounds through it. I never kept a log, but I would estimate in the area of 9 to 12 thousand rounds, mostly 69gr handloads (mid-range, not hot ones). I had one bad box of primers and some of them pierced on firing, etching a ring around the firing pin hole in the bolt face. It leaves a distinctive mark on the primer of every case that's fired in it since, but there's no functional impact. The cases themselves are not marked by it, only the primers. At some point I replaced the lower handguard with an aftermarket one with a QD sling / bipod stud on it, that's why the lower handguard in the photo appears shinier than the upper one. I have the original and will include it with the rifle. Other than that, everything is factory original. The trigger is pretty good for a factory one, good enough that I never felt the need to upgrade it even for competition. The A2 buttstock does have a storage compartment in it. The receiver is marked ".223 Rem", but the barrel is chambered for 5.56mm. I have a half dozen or so aluminum 30rd magazines that I'll include with it, some old and used, some new, but AFAIK they all work fine.

I'll consider partial trades, but the only things I'm interested in currently would be a Winchester 1873 or an older (pre-Remington) Marlin 1894 in .45 Colt with a 20" octagon barrel, or a nice CZ 457 AT-One or Tikka T1-x .22LR with a threaded muzzle (1/2-28). Prefer a Portland-area buyer as I'm not interested in shipping guns.

DSC_0189.png
DSC_0190.png
DSC_0191_SerialNo.png

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited: