Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTS/WTT OR Pre-64 Winchester Model 70 300 H&H Magnum

Discussion in 'Rifle Classifieds' started by draimondi, Feb 3, 2015.

1. draimondi

draimondi Oregon Active Member

I have a pre-64 Winchester Model 70 chambered in 300 H&H Magnum. Great shooting rifle in a great caliber! Serial number is 56,xxx which according to Winchesters records puts this rifle at a WWII era manufacture date of 1946. The bolt serial number matches receiver. The stocks appears to have been refinished at one point and a recoil pad added. There are three holes that have been filled where a side mount scope base was once installed as well. I'm asking $750 i'm also open to trade offers.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

JonCook, Steve Sloan and Gassyman like this.
  2. draimondi

This does have the pre-war style receiver with the cloverleaf tang. I couldn't edit the original post.

3. Steve Sloan

Steve Sloan Central Oregon Member

I have one in Super Grade.
    300 H&H still has a cult following.
    Someone is going to get a deal at that price. Nice Rifle.

Steve

draimondi likes this.
  4. draimondi

Thank you Steve! The 300 H&H is a fantastic round and I would have to say the most versatile magnum in the .300 caliber range.

5. draimondi

I had an inquiry from out of state about this so I should probably add that that Yes, this is a transition model (pre-war receiver, factory drilled and tapped on rear bridge for scope mounts, transition style safety)
    image.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.