JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
I have an idea- write out the story of your grandfather, what this firearm meant to him and he to you. Include it with the purchase. Ask the purchaser to keep it safe and if he/she ever sells it, to add to that story and pass it along with the rifle.
Great idea , thank you

No W by my serial#. Nice to know though, thank you

Interesting.

Mine is dated to 1940(Serial# 12499xx), and it has the 'W' stamped on the receiver. The numbers that you provided would also put yours in the same 1940 year of production.

THIS IS THE SITE to reference to correctly date old Winchesters. A lot of the info on the internet referencing old Winchester production dates is often incorrect and has been copied as such over and over.

FWIW, there weren't any Model 94s produced during 1943. The last Model 94 manufactured, before production was temporarily halted to support the war efforts, was serial number 1343183 in Aug. '42. Production wasn't again resumed full-time until Sep. '45.

Once again, nice rifle. GL with your sale.

Interesting.

Mine is dated to 1940(Serial# 12499xx), and it has the 'W' stamped on the receiver. The numbers that you provided would also put yours in the same 1940 year of production.

THIS IS THE SITE to reference to correctly date old Winchesters. A lot of the info on the internet referencing old Winchester production dates is often incorrect and has been copied as such over and over.

FWIW, there weren't any Model 94s produced during 1943. The last Model 94 manufactured, before production was temporarily halted to support the war efforts, was serial number 1343183 in Aug. '42. Production wasn't again resumed full-time until Sep. '45.

Once again, nice rifle. GL with your sale.
Thanks, are you talking the W on the top of the receiver? I checked out that site you sent me and the site says 1940. Thanks I had used the Winchester site before that talked about the gap period so we were assuming before 1943. Great help, again thank you.

the 94 has sold, thanks for all your interest and help

Hey, would you be willing to tell what your sale price was?

I'm not planning on selling mine, but since I have one that is a similar vintage as yours, and in pretty excellent shape, I'm curious what the current market value may be atm.

I was thinking your asking price of $800 (to $850) seems about right.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.