JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
We played with this awhile back, including some speculation that one of them had been carrying on with the other's wife. If not that, was there maybe some other reason for bad blood between them? And now the follow-on arrest gets reported as a case of a prank gone wrong; Mr. Former Reserve Deputy mistakenly picked up & pulled the trigger of a real gun instead of the intended Replica gun?

The prank story is unlikely enough by itself, but couple that with 'he couldn't tell the difference' (?), followed by the highly unlikely coincidence that a real gun was (oops) loaded . . . at the sales counter in a gun store? Oh, come on now.

If the police are buying into that stinky fairy tale, then my investigative mind is suspecting that good old Reserve Deputy has some really strong pull, due either to family ties, family fortune, or local politics. Or some combination of the three.

Last Edited:
We played with this awhile back, including some speculation that one of them had been carrying on with the other's wife. If not that, was there maybe some other reason for bad blood between them? And now the follow-on arrest gets reported as a case of a prank gone wrong; Mr. Special forces mistakenly picked up & pulled the trigger of a real gun instead of the intended Replica gun?

The prank story is unlikely enough by itself, but couple that with 'he couldn't tell the difference' (?), followed by the highly unlikely coincidence that a real gun was (oops) loaded . . . at the sales counter in a gun store? Oh, come on now.

If the police are buying into that stinky fairy tale, then my investigative mind is suspecting that good old Mr. Special Forces has some really strong pull, due either to family ties, family fortune, or town politics. Or some combination of the three.
I edited my thing because I mixed up the names. The guy that died was special forces, still the shooter owner was national guard and connected to police force, should still know the difference and to not play games. But yes the rest is curious.

I edited my thing because I mixed up the names. The guy that died was special forces, still the shooter owner was national guard and connected to police force, should still know the difference and to not play games. But yes the rest is curious.
Yup, thanks. I edited mine just now for the same reason. Either background (Reserve Deputy or former Special Forces) implies more than average familiarity with firearms & firearm safety.

If the police are buying into that stinky fairy tale, then my investigative mind is suspecting that good old Reserve Deputy has some really strong pull, due either to family ties, family fortune, or local politics.
THIS ^ - OR the story is in fact true (as incredible as it seems) and in spite of his 'more than average familiarity with firearms & firearm safety' this does not equate to a higher than average intellect. The guy could simply be in the 'low two digits' and, well, a little slow in basic 'reasoning' and acts 'impulsively', with little forethought.

Again the more they tell this story the more by BS meter keeps spiking. Even if the clown thought it was a BB gun why would he shoot the guy in the face with it? Anyone familiar with firearms could easily tell the BB gun from a real gun as soon as they picked it up. I just do not buy this story at all.

Yep - almost as good as the 'weather balloon' story - around 1947......
Weather Balloon Pilot Graduation Class of 1946.

1638389628315.jpeg

. . . The guy could simply be in the 'low two digits' and, well, a little slow in basic 'reasoning' and acts 'impulsively', with little forethought.
I could buy that as reason why "former" appeared in front of "reserve deputy", but I also suspect it should've ruined his chances of being appointed in the first place. Unless, of course, it involved "family ties, family fortune, or local politics. Or some combination of the three."

Huh. If the prank Glock BB gun was mixed in with a real Glock, the story kind of implies a sales situation. Which makes you wonder why the real one was loaded with ammunition. I know many gun store employees carry loaded sidearms on premises for obvious security reasons. But you wouldn't think it wise to leave a loaded gun simply lying about in a gun store.

Huh. If the prank Glock BB gun was mixed in with a real Glock, the story kind of implies a sales situation. Which makes you wonder why the real one was loaded with ammunition. I know many gun store employees carry loaded sidearms on premises for obvious security reasons. But you wouldn't think it wise to leave a loaded gun simply lying about in a gun store.
Agreed. This whole situation smells like Pikes Place on a hot summer day.

Weird. My guess is murder. And that the employee was screwing gun store owners wife.

According to a friend of mine from southern Appalachia, in her area killing either spouse or spouse's lover or both for infidelity was not considered wrong by LE or anyone else. And as soon as LE realized that infidelity was involved they would back off and there would be no real investigation.

Too bad stupidity isn't a punishable crime. This one would result in a life sentence.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top