JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
EAOD-20-We Won.png
Absolutely amazing, people! This is one of the best days ever!

YOU MADE THIS HAPPEN. YOU BEAT THE DEMOCRATIC MAJORITY!

This is awesome to the nth degree.

So proud to be part of you patriots.
Take the night off and celebrate.
Stay tuned for tomorrow when we say THANKS to the legislators who fought for us.
We have a lot more work ahead of us. But not today.
And to all those who said activism doesn't work, suck on this!

Is there a way to find out who voted and what their vote was? I would like to thank the ones that supported us in voting against these.

:s0155:

Yes!!! a victory indeed but time to keep up the fight. Truly we need to send thank you letters out to those on our side. Now can anyone translate what the House Bill streamlining the waiting process means? Are CPL's good again to take home for same day purchases? What about Semi Auto's? Still 10 day waiting period? Thanks everyone!!

Rutilate - you were a HUUUUUGE part of this win. Your tireless efforts, not only here, both elsewhere on the interwebz, particularly the 17+ 'Easy Action of the Days' no doubt contributed to many, many others making their voices heard. Well done, sir.

And to ALL THE OTHERS that joined in and helped keep these from being passed over a holiday weekend - this victory is yours.:)

ETA: King 5 Coverage (of course they had to show their skewed poll at the end):

Hey, but with all the housing, infrastructure, homelessness, drugs, transportation, and other problems going on, they did take time to name the official state dinosaur today.:rolleyes: You can't make this stuff up.

Boss

Last Edited:
I'm fortunate to live in the 17th District. Reps Kraft and Harris hung in there for us, So did State Senator Wilson.
We didn't stop everything but we did dodge a few BIG bullets.:s0155::s0155::s0155:
Thanks Representative Harris and Kraft and Thanks to Senator Wilson.

It feels good for the moment, but there is a lot of work to do. Stay plugged in, we have bills to shut down in conference committee, bills to shut down in the other house, and more work to do after that!

A reprieve.jpg

Thank you @rutilate, @Boss, @Sporting Systems for helping keep this all on the front burner. Thanks also to all the forum members that took the time to pick up what they laid down. For bills that had a vote, there should be a public record anyone can access.

For now, we can take a short breather. Thank your reps that voted no when you can, and let them know you'll spread a good word about them and their support for our rights. They are welcome to speak at our next rally as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks also to Alan Gottlieb and Dave Workman for their tireless struggle.
:s0094::s0059:

I wonder if the Democrats are worried about the upcoming election. With nobody in the presidential candidate pool with a shot at the nomination who is lighting up real passion, could they have been worried that a bunch of anti-2A bills would have fired up Republicans while on their side, the Berners vote Green (or revenge vote for Trump) or don't show, and the unexcited rest of them forget to mark ballots. A mag ban and semi-auto ban would have almost certainly caused a backlash, perhaps enough to get those who don't normally vote to do it. Anyway, I have no evidence this is true -- I'm just speculating.

I confess my ignorance on the process here.
Is the 2020 legislative session now over and the legislature will not reconvene till 2021?
If yes, are the bills that didn't get passed or voted on dead, or simply dormant till the next session? Meaning that the bills have to be introduced again or can the unpassed bills be taken up again as is?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews