JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I met one in the ER a few years back. Started talking about CCW and he says stuff like if he knows you have a permit he would draw his weapon for his safety. I was just shocked at his attitude but refrained from getting in an argument. I always thought a permit meant you weren't a criminal and thats a good thing. He mentioned his caution was because he knew a GUN was present. Gee, during my misspent youth when I was a cop for about a year, on every call I went on or car I pulled over there was a gun present. The one in my holster.

I also met a State Trooper who let me off with a warning cause I was wearing my concealed pistol. It came up on his LEDS check and he asked and I politely told him it was under my jacket. My hands were on the wheel with the car off etc and so with all that and the polite conversation he deduced I was good enough to let go with a warning.

There are cool cops and there can be jerk cops cause they are still human (they could be cylons I guess....) :)

I met one in the ER a few years back. Started talking about CCW and he says stuff like if he knows you have a permit he would draw his weapon for his safety. I was just shocked at his attitude but refrained from getting in an argument. I always thought a permit meant you weren't a criminal and thats a good thing. He mentioned his caution was because he knew a GUN was present. Gee, during my misspent youth when I was a cop for about a year, on every call I went on or car I pulled over there was a gun present. The one in my holster.

I also met a State Trooper who let me off with a warning cause I was wearing my concealed pistol. It came up on his LEDS check and he asked and I politely told him it was under my jacket. My hands were on the wheel with the car off etc and so with all that and the polite conversation he deduced I was good enough to let go with a warning.
The insanity of it all is truly amazing. How do people do it? How is it possible to completely ignore logic and draw the kind of conclusions people draw? Maybe I'll ask my sister someday... She is legally insane. Somehow I doubt she'll be enlightening though and if she happens to be lucid at that very moment I'd hate to push her away from her temporary sanity. :s0112:

My neighbor is a former police officer and we occasionally talk firearms, after I told him I got my CHL he said he was proud of me and that more citizens should do as I do. I was honestly a little surprised by his answer.

I met one that was really unhappy about me carrying.
Said some stuff about "this isn't the wild west" or some garbage.
Perfectly calm situation, and it's not my fault he didn't ask me if I was armed for 15 minutes or so.
On my own property at that.

About fifteen years ago we had a Lt. teaching a portion of our academy class. He went to great lengths to "teach" us how bad it was for "civilians" to carry or even OWN guns. I could not wait for that segment to end!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top