JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Shooting Steel Plates and Paper Targets - Practice drawing and shooting using your holster.

$10 or Free for Members.

For: Concealed Pistol License (CPL) holders and Members of Renton Fish and Game Club (www.rfgc.org)
When: Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Where: Renton, Washington

I have 10am – 5pm open: All shooters will be allotted time slots when you contact me.

Why?

There are not many opportunities to practice from your concealed holster in the US (let alone in Washington), unless you join a high priced indoor range and you still can't shoot on the move.... or you drive up in the woods and gamble if it's legal or not to shoot there.

My proposal is to use my clubs "Action Bays" and allow shooters to shoot steel plates and targets using your concealed holster and also on the move.

I want to develop practice training opportunities for CPL (concealed pistol license) holders and expose members of RFGC to a side of shooting many do not get to experience. Sure you can do this at an IDPA, USPSA or PPC match, but that's in front of a whole group of folks.

I want to present a fun, semi-private user friendly environment for people to practice and potentially become interested in shooting these sports when they're ready but overall become comfortable and practice using their concealed pistol.

I am not charging for my time, except where range fees apply for RFGC. As a shooter I know it's almost impossible to find this kind of shooting opportunity and wanted to share a day out. I'll teach those that want lessons and help those that just want to have fun. Safety First, then it's all good after that.

Please remember this is practice, individual or small groups (less than 3 or 4) and on an appointment slotted basis - as we only have a few action bays to use and I need to be the safety officer overseeing the shooting.

Young Kim,
NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol)
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Life Member
RFGC and IDPA Member

Had a total of 18 shooters for the day.

Good practice so will be putting together some more dates in the near future.

If you are interested email me and I'll add you to my list for upcoming dates and times.

Young Kim, NRA Certified Instructor (Pistol)
NRA Life Member

[email protected]

'S a good idea. Something like this might make me break my vow to never to return to Renton F&G, after seeing the way their horses' patoot rifle range master behaved one day. What a jerk!

Intent:

Yes, no pressure into to IDPA/USPSA but more importantly practicing from concealment.

Not many ranges will let you go out and "run and gun" so take advantage for the folks in the Seattle area.

I will have to say once you get used to doing this sort of shooting it's near impossible to get you back into an ordinary range. :)

Will have one shortly - the weather should be getting better (I hope). But as always just come prepared to be wet and cold.

Just getting it together for another day out.

Saturday, April 25th.

If you are interested please email me with your contact info.

[email protected]

Your name
phone number

Also some background: e.g. years of experience shooting, have a concealed license? where you live.

I'll send more info when you contact me.

Looking at Sunday, May 17th for another practice day for CPL holders at Renton Fish and Game Club.

Format will be a bit different as I'm doing just one block time. So, start at 10 and goes until 1pm (so only 3 hours). No walk on's and if your late past 10:30 you don't shoot. Everyone starts together and you can go home anytime.

I'm planning to have 3 bays open so you can choose which one you want.

Bay 1 will focus on running basic and intermediate scenarios

Bay 2 will be more one to one basic instruction for those interested. Basic movement forward and back and

Bay 3 will be open for you to use and practice what you need. I'll have a role of steel plates up (30 feet for safety) No you do not need frangibles. Everyone will be 30 feet back. This will be a fast shoot and we'll run as many people through.... so be ready.

As usual everyone will go through a safety check at the beginning and we'll go as a cold range. No ammo, no magazine in the firearm, no handling firearms except on the firing line. Anyone breaks these rules and they go home. No second chances. Safety area will be explained at the beginning of the shoot.

So, email me back so I can put you down. For those that have not shot with me you'll go through Bay 2 until your cleared by the RSO (Range Safety Officer) then you can shoot either bays.

Let's have some FUN. Bring lots of ammo and load the magazines up!

Again, Christian and Randy will be helping to run the ranges - thanks to them for their great help in doing this.

Sunday, May 17th at 10! Come a bit early to help set up.

To sign up please contact me and I'll send you more info.
(No walk on's)

Young

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top