JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Nice pics...the individual who used the Tiger Stripe M1A w/ SS barrel..is this person a member of this forum? If so...sound off or someone direct me to him as I'd like to ask him a couple questions about his rifle.

I am interested in joining one of these matches some day. What is needed? A boat load of mags for mag changes? Any particular rules? An age rule? (for a younger friend)
I went to the site and seen a few basic rules, like non magnetic ammo. Any info would be great

I am interested in joining one of these matches some day. What is needed? A boat load of mags for mag changes? Any particular rules? An age rule? (for a younger friend)
I went to the site and seen a few basic rules, like non magnetic ammo. Any info would be great

Rifle
3-4 mags
non-magnetic ammo (Steel core ruins the targets)
knee pads are very handy
gun case
chamber flag
good attitude toward EXTREME safety
clothes you don't mind getting muddy(you will be hitting the deck and shooting prone in mud)
boots or shoes that will be able to run through rocks and mud
eyes and ears

Once you try it, you will wonder how you ever existed without it.

It is challenging and fun.

WARNING: Plinking with the buddies will become boring once you use your rifle the way it was intended to be used.

I look forward to it. I am in no way a competition shooter or marksman, and I would probably enjoy shooting at my own speed and ejoying it, so hopefully its not a comp where people really care. Im sure I will try to make it out some time.
Another question, What type of range are the shots typically? I'm not at all used to shooting more that 150-200.
Again on the age, does anyone know?

I look forward to it. I am in no way a competition shooter or marksman, and I would probably enjoy shooting at my own speed and ejoying it, so hopefully its not a comp where people really care. Im sure I will try to make it out some time.
Another question, What type of range are the shots typically? I'm not at all used to shooting more that 150-200.
Again on the age, does anyone know?

i have seen 15 yr old shooters. I don't know the regs on that.

It is not super competitive like IPSC. Very casual, but safety is higher than most other shooting sports.

Range can vary from 5yds to 250yds(that is really long though)

It is called Practical Rifle because it is kinda based on what one would have to use their rifle in real-life scenarios.

you may need to make a kill at 20yds.............maybe 100yds.

It changes every time.

keep in mind that it is a game, and not real training in combat shooting, but it is better than no training.

It is not a Sniper type match either.

Buzzer goes off, and you eliminate the targets as fast as you can..........however you can.

The neat thing is that the ranges vary from 5 yds to 300 and you generally don't know what/where the targets are until you're at the firing line! There are usually four stages and one squad travels together from stage to stage. Some stages are about accuracy, some about speed. In some cases the stages has a mandatory magazine change. So you may begin with two rounds in a mag and then have to changes mags and carry on shooting. If you're caught with steel ammo you'll be DQd- there are magnets at each stage to check. Oh and brin a knife...it hasn't been done yet but there are rumors that at some point a knife may help you score more points.
New shooters, TYROs need to arrive by 8:30 for a safety briefing. Rifles must be carried from stage to stage in a case- soft or otherwise and you must know what direction your rifle is pointing when you open your case or you may be penalized or DQ'd. They are sticklers for safety and if you violate their rules you will be disqualified on the spot. The fee is $15 and there's usually a drawing for a cash prize at the end of the match.
We're generally there from 8'ish until 3:00PM so bring a lunch...and warm dry clothes..Did someone mention the mud?:D

well I suck too so I would probably want more than 100. I might need to practice at long range some. I have never shot at more than 100yds with my AR. Or I could show up and wing it. I probably wont be able to shoot in the next match but I might come to watch and learn so when I am able to shoot in it I am not a complete noob to how things work.
How is is for spectating?

well I suck too so I would probably want more than 100. I might need to practice at long range some. I have never shot at more than 100yds with my AR. Or I could show up and wing it. I probably wont be able to shoot in the next match but I might come to watch and learn so when I am able to shoot in it I am not a complete noob to how things work.
How is is for spectating?

I may shoot less than 100 rnds but I usually show up wiht about 200!
-Sight your rifle in at 100yds, off the bench, with your preferred ammo keep your sights set, and you'll be good to go!
Show up and shoot a few stages- you can also request that the range officer at your stage call-out your shot placements.
Either show up and watch and/or take pictures for the rest of us!
Spectating is fine but let the R) know what you're there for. You also might want to consider going through the safety briefing at 0830 anyways...
Hope to see you there!
Cheers,
Jorge

Thanks for your help. I will see if I can make it to the next one on the (11th?)
Cash is tight at the moment due to some un expected bills so I wont be shooting but I would deffinatly like to spectate, take some pics, and learn.
Thanks again and I will probably talk to you all some more before the next shoot or before I participate

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top