JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well said. You schooled me pretty well today. Couldn't believe you got 15 of 16 hits on stage 3 shooting off-hand. Everyone else used the table as a rest, and not all got as many hits.

So in a rare turn of fate, I told my wife today that I own an SKS. Went over pretty well. She just asked "Is this the last gun you're going to buy?" LOL, she should have known better than to ask that...

PR matches happen on the 2nd Saturday of each month at the Tri County Gun Club in Sherwood Oregon. Next match is November 12th. You need to attend a safety class that is held in he late afternoon on one of the weekdays before the match- I cant remember what day. For your first match you will be classified as a new shooter -aka a TYRO- and paired with an experienced shooter. You can shoot in either the Iron-Sights Class or the Optics Class depending on the type of sighting system you use.
Gear:
Bring a rifle (any rifle that's reliable and safe) and about 120 rounds of NON-STEEL-CORE ammo. No full auto or select fire. AR's are most common. Eye and ear protection are mandatory. You'll also need a chamber flag (available at the sign in for $1) and soft or hard case to carry your rifle from stage to stage. You'll likely only need about 60 rounds- but each match is different and the stages change each match. Dress appropriately for the weather. The matches are held in a quarry and there is plenty of mud and sharp rocks so hard knee pads are common as well as elbow protection-in case you need to shoot prone. Matches start at 0930 with a safety briefing and can last into the afternoon to as late as 3PM so pack a lunch and bring water.
That's all I can recall right now....the matches are a blast and there are plenty of great people to help you out for your first matches.

PR matches happen on the 2nd Saturday of each month at the Tri County Gun Club in Sherwood Oregon. Next match is November 12th. You need to attend a safety class that is held in he late afternoon on one of the weekdays before the match- I cant remember what day. For your first match you will be classified as a new shooter -aka a TYRO- and paired with an experienced shooter. You can shoot in either the Iron-Sights Class or the Optics Class depending on the type of sighting system you use.
Gear:
Bring a rifle (any rifle that's reliable and safe) and about 120 rounds of NON-STEEL-CORE ammo. No full auto or select fire. AR's are most common. Eye and ear protection are mandatory. You'll also need a chamber flag (available at the sign in for $1) and soft or hard case to carry your rifle from stage to stage. You'll likely only need about 60 rounds- but each match is different and the stages change each match. Dress appropriately for the weather. The matches are held in a quarry and there is plenty of mud and sharp rocks so hard knee pads are common as well as elbow protection-in case you need to shoot prone. Matches start at 0930 with a safety briefing and can last into the afternoon to as late as 3PM so pack a lunch and bring water.
That's all I can recall right now....the matches are a blast and there are plenty of great people to help you out for your first matches.

Roger; Thanks Much!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top