JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
IMHO too much emphasis is put on gun choice opinions on the survival and preparedness postings.

Yes, you are correct. Training is so much more important. Just for fun though.

Kind of like me showing up at the golf course for the first time with a bag of Callaways(?) I got as a gift LOL. All that nice hardware and not a clue what to do with it except make an idiot out of myself.

Skills over gadgets anytime.

As someone said:

Mindset, skillset, tool set; in that order.

I opted for the .357 combo as well as .22 LR. I disagree that you are giving up too much power in the .357 rifle. If you hand load, you can load .357 mag case to published maximum .357 Maxi. making the .357 rifle a very good 200-250 yard deer rifle. If you ream it to .357 Maxi, you can equal .35 Remington or more in a SS.

My .357 Mag rifle, paired with the SP101, 3", .357 mag.; http://www.metalsmithpro.com/357MagnumRifle.htm

I opted for the .357 combo as well as .22 LR. I disagree that you are giving up too much power in the .357 rifle. If you hand load, you can load .357 mag case to published maximum .357 Maxi. making the .357 rifle a very good 200-250 yard deer rifle. If you ream it to .357 Maxi, you can equal .35 Remington or more in a SS.

My .357 Mag rifle, paired with the SP101, 3", .357 mag.; http://www.metalsmithpro.com/357MagnumRifle.htm

Looks like a nice rifle you have set up for yourself there... Out of curiosity why not go the extra step and run a .357 max reamer into that tube and seal the deal? Also, threading the barrel for suppressor would be awesome.

That may happen, but no brass. Until I can obtain the Maxi brass at a reasonable price, I can't see the advantage of reaming. I won't hesitate once I have the brass.

The .357 Maximum, formally known as the .357 Remington Maximum or the .357 Max, is a super magnum handgun cartridge originally developed by Elgin Gates as the wildcat .357 SuperMag.[1] The .357 Maximum was introduced into commercial production as a joint-venture by Remington Arms Company and Ruger in 1983 as a new chambering for the Ruger Blackhawk.[2] Shortly thereafter, Dan Wesson Firearms and Thompson/Center Arms introduced firearms in this cartridge. United Sporting Arms chambered it in their Silhouette series single-action revolvers. It is a .357 Magnum case lengthened .300".[3] Based on the .357 Magnum cartridge, a revolver or single-shot pistol designed for the .357 Max can fire .357 Magnum, .38 Special, .38 Long Colt, and .38 Short Colt rounds. Intended primarily as a silhouette cartridge, such high velocity and energy levels have hunting applications.[2] SAAMI pressure level for this cartridge is set at 48,000 CUP.[2]

Have to admit, I like what you did with your rifle so much, I'm thinking about building one for steel targets

have you used the but stock to store items, what about threading for suppressor?

I've thought about using the stock for storage and can certainly be done. Lots of room. Sound suppressor would be nice, but expensive....so no on threading, at least for now. Rifle is only 31" long OA and anything added would change that. It's a dream to handle as it is.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top