Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

PR tyro training

Discussion in 'Competitive Shooting' started by spengo, Sep 13, 2010.

1. spengo

spengo GLORIOUS CASCADIA Active Member

Somehow I never get on the mailing list for tri-county practical rifle. :/ Anyway apparently tyro training now takes place on Fridays and not the hour before the match starts. Not a big deal since we brought other stuff to shoot. Does anyone know when the next training is so I can tell my friend when he should go? There isn't one on the calendar for October.

2. zerooption

zerooption Beaverton Member

usually training takes place the Friday before a PR shoot so for October it will be on the 8th of October. this past month it was held 2 PM.

3. stitchclimber

stitchclimber St. Louis Active Member

Is there is there an email list for PR?

4. lucky strike

lucky strike Woodburn Member

I'm also interested in any mailing list as well as just general info on PR:

What does the training consist of? Similar to the TCGC IPSC training i'm guessing?
    Where are people supposed to meet?
    Round count?

5. Schwabdl

Schwabdl Hillsboro Active Member

6. Schwabdl

Schwabdl Hillsboro Active Member

I think if you stay to help setup after the tyro training they dont charge you for it but I could be wrong

7. bnr32gtr

bnr32gtr Vancouver, WA Member

I still got charged even though I was the last Tyro to leave in September. Honestly, the $15 goes to a good cause helping to buy new targets, paint, wood, etc. so it's cool.

Plus, if $15 makes me go broke, I shouldn't be going to PR. Not to mention for $15 it's pretty damned fun and you learn more than just going to a range and plinking off a bench. :thumbup:

Here is the email address for the mailing list: practical-rifle@pcez.org

Quote from PR email(Randy):

Several members here on NWFA helped me out so I hope to do the same for others. I hope this sheds some light on the issues and answers most of the questions.