JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Somehow I never get on the mailing list for tri-county practical rifle. :/ Anyway apparently tyro training now takes place on Fridays and not the hour before the match starts. Not a big deal since we brought other stuff to shoot. Does anyone know when the next training is so I can tell my friend when he should go? There isn't one on the calendar for October.

I'm also interested in any mailing list as well as just general info on PR:

What does the training consist of? Similar to the TCGC IPSC training i'm guessing?
Where are people supposed to meet?
Round count?

I think if you stay to help setup after the tyro training they dont charge you for it but I could be wrong

I still got charged even though I was the last Tyro to leave in September. Honestly, the $15 goes to a good cause helping to buy new targets, paint, wood, etc. so it's cool.

Plus, if $15 makes me go broke, I shouldn't be going to PR. Not to mention for $15 it's pretty damned fun and you learn more than just going to a range and plinking off a bench. :s0155:

Here is the email address for the mailing list: [email protected]

Quote from PR email(Randy):

'To compete in Practical Rifle matches, new shooters must first attend a mandatory orientation where they learn the rules and procedures and demonstrate safe shooting. The orientations are usually from 2-5pm on the Friday before the matches and are held at the Black Powder range. We can no longer do orientations the morning of the match.

For anyone who cannot attend the PR orientation on the Friday afternoon before the match, there will be a Special Practical Rifle orientation in the Action Range on Saturday October 30th, at about 2pm-5pm, or maybe a bit later depending on when the Short Range Rifle match ends.
You will need about 50 rounds of ammo, two magazines, your cased rifle with a chamber flag in the chamber. We will go over Practical Rifle rules and procedures, then shoot a few practice rounds, finishing with a short stage that demonstrates you can follow the procedures safely. You should already have your rifle sighted in, you should already know how to operate your rifle (loading, unloading, reloading, etc.) and how to shoot safely (keeping your finger off the trigger when not shooting and keeping your muzzle pointed in a safe direction at all times, etc.).

Because we are shooting at close range, we will not be using steel targets. You can bring steel-core ammo if you want (for this orientatioin only), but be aware that bringing ANY steel-core or steel-jacketed ammo to the actual Practical Rifle match will be an automatic match disqualification.

Please let me know if you are planning to attend the orientation so I can tell you where to meet. In addition to the special orientation on October 30th, we will also have our regular orientation at the Black Powder range on November 12th from 2-5pm, the Friday before the November 13th match.

There will be no orientation in December as new shooters are not allowed at the night match.'

Several members here on NWFA helped me out so I hope to do the same for others. I hope this sheds some light on the issues and answers most of the questions.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top