JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If you're trimming a lot of 223/556 and have a drill press then I would suggest you buy a Girard triway trimmer.

I process 500/1,000 cases at a time and this works Louisiana fast, chamfere/debures and is dead on accurate every time. I have the .223 model and am going to get the 300BLK model soon.

A394AF55-4649-4DCC-8322-6193C5428777.jpeg CABBFEEF-7424-485E-AE1F-70E20FC3CAF4.jpeg

Last Edited:
I use the Giraud, but the bench mounted one. Most people cringe at spending that kind of money but it's nice on the hands and fingers and is fast!

With my arthritis, what I like most about the DP model is that I don't have to hold (grip) the case, I just put it in a pair of ordinary needle nose pliers and gently raise up till the trimming is done.
Can you see how round the cutter area are on those needle nose in 223 case fits perfectly in that opening.

7A65DA80-B7C6-48D2-92DB-30CC01880CE8.jpeg

The thread on 223 trimming has me looking into buying a powered case trimmer like the RCBS Universal Case Prep Center.

What I really am struggling with is the high price. Is it worth the price?
If you're new to reloading I think you should suffer for awhile trimming manually like most of us have.

Maybe I'm kidding.

Maybe I'm not.

For reals now....If you're going to be trimming a LOT of brass, it's probably worth it.

Ive never used a manual trimmer, and i barely used manual chamfer or deburring tools to compare it to, but i decided to spoil myself and get the Henderson precision 3 way trimmer over the giraud and i LOVE IT. Its so nice but im only using it for precision handloading 6.5 and 300 prc so far, not sure if I'd have gotten it otherwise

If you're new to reloading I think you should suffer for awhile trimming manually like most of us have.

Maybe I'm kidding.

Maybe I'm not.

For reals now....If you're going to be trimming a LOT of brass, it's probably worth it.
No kidding. I used to use the manual crank RCBS sucker bolted to a board so I could sit with in on my lap and just run rounds. Box for not done and a bucket on the floor for done.

Now days its a dedicated Dillon 1050 on an auto drive for all case prep. In this case the Dillon RST1500 is milling down clean LC 5.56 cases and forming 300BLK in one pass. Button neck forming next station rolls off any burr. The 300BLK brass is ready to load as it comes out.

I have always been a multi step trim guy. I use a few different trimmers chucked up in the drill press or drill and finish off with a case prep unit ( I did begin chamfering and deburring by hand). I just bought this Frankford Arsenal machine to replace the Hornady unit I had been using for years, but it finally decided to digest it's gears which Hornady did replace since it is a known defect.
IMG_20221009_092447541.jpg

IMG_20221009_092642738.jpg

Last Edited:
If you're trimming a lot of 223/556 and have a drill press then I would suggest you buy a Girard triway trimmer.

I process 500/1,000 cases at a time and this works Louisiana fast, chamfere/debures and is dead on accurate every time. I have the .223 model and am going to get the 300BLK model soon.

View attachment 1285278 View attachment 1285280
UPDATE!!!
I finally found a lightly used Giraud trimmer in 300BLK. Cleaned, adjusted and ready for duty.

F5ED6039-6276-400C-AFE6-D58B6EBFC112.jpeg 81959981-FF9A-495C-9515-F3626C54D2E4.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top