JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
In Medford you have several choices, none of them at this writing, very good. Sportsman's. They have been stocking quite a few primers lately. Powder is like unicorns in southern Oregon. Have a slip of paper with brands you can use, visit Sportsmans regularly, and you may connect. Guns R Us has had rifle powder, and they have a waiting list. But they have never called me...Bi-Mart is a distant third for powder. Never seem to have luck there.

I've noticed it's kinda slim pickins. I hope I'll be able to find some, considering I'm not in a rush eventually I think I will.

Don't forget about.......

THE GROUP BUY.

Think about, "internet deals." With a group buy, you could save on haz mat and shipping. Then, you'll also be making friends. Buy powder in 8lb kegs and primers by the case. Ask your internet supplier, what is the maximum amount of powder and primers that they'll ship under one haz mat charge. Also ask IF they'll mix power and primers under one haz mat charge.

In the past.....I've gotten 4- 8lb kegs shipped under one haz mat charge. And, I've gotten 10- cases of primers (5k primers to a case) shipped under one haz mat charge.

Collect from your "friends" first or just do the buy (whatever you're comfortable with). Take the small risk. I say that the risk is small because, guys are always looking for a deal on the popular stuff. Yup, soon you'll know what always sells. Pay with a CC and get points for yourself. You deserve it.

Aloha, Mark
The bulk buys seem to be the best with all reloading components. At least I would save a little here and there. I'll be sure to risk small :)

I have NEVER seen a bullet so corroded that it effected accuracy (out to 100 yards) or caused any gun problem. Someone might worry about it, but a simply wipe with a rag will take care of it.
Powders: consider the price point of ammunition and then look in a loading manual for a max powder charge. Then, based on 7000 grains to a pound, figure out the per round cost of powder. Even the most expensive powder, plus bullet and primer, is well under the cost per round.
I won't buy powder at the current prices, but I have enough powder on hand to last. However, for pistols, even at the inflated prices, the cost of powder per round is about 2-5 cents. Then, you can load light and use a small charge of fast powder to increase your savings.
Remember, in general, the inflated price of powder goes hand-in-hand with the inflated price of ammo.
Never have had a problem buying commercial lead bullets, which is all I shoot except for rifles. Then, when the price of Montana Gold bullets was only 1 cent more than cast lead for 9mm, I stocked up knowing that price would not stand long.
About 5 years ago, after seeing lots of posts about how much money could be saved by reloading (assuming they meant component costs), I was surprised to see that even if I bought Win/Rem virgin cases, premium bullets, and standard powder and primers, the only way to save over reloading was to buy Brown Bear 9x19 ammo, which I consider no where near the level of my own reloads.
However, don't reload to save money. Reload to shoot more with better ammunition.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top