JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anybody seen any movement of Powder at this place in the past couple weeks/Month?

Have never seen any Winchester powders available. Norma brand and a few Vihta about all I've seen available in weeks. Never what I want in any quantity to cover the fees. I had heard these guys were good to go.....

Thanks

When something does show up if it is a commonly used item, it's gone in 15 minutes. They limit you to 10 pounds of any powder when in stock and 10K primers. Primers in the Seattle/Tacoma area are showing up again and even the occasional pound of powder can be found but everything is twice Sandy Hook prices... TOTAL "BUBBLEGUM"

No problem getting primers here locally in the Marysville/Arlington area, but good luck finding powder...at least that has been my experience so far. I've still got quite a bit of IMR4350, IMR4895 and Unique, but cannot find any Alliant 2400 for my 44 mag.

What are your trying to load with your precious Winchester powder?

I'm new to relaoding. I've been taking my time purchasing all the major components. My mention of Winchester powder is based primarily on online forum research with W231 coming up more frequently than many others for overall likes.

Here is a copy of a mental list I created:

HP-38/W231 would be a reasonable substitute for Vihtavuori N320.
Unique

5.56/ 223 powder
#1 H335
#2 RAMSHOT TAC
# 120 Vihtavuori

Having said this I have aquired a couple pounds of Tightgroup, 1 Lb Bullseye, 1Lb Ramshot X-terminator thus far. I'm not looking for 8 lb jugs of anything at this point. Problem with online purchase at this point is that I can find 1 lb of any one of these items at one time but never find enough to justify the haz mat fees, etc.

Musta' been a hell of a score for me then, a couple of months ago Powder Valley had 8# jugs of HS-6 and I got one, and 10,000 Tula SP primers!

Sportsman's Warehouse on 82nd gets some powders in every wed or thurs, and seem to be having SP primers on the shelf (not counter). Fisherman's Marine gets powder in once in a while, if you're close you might swing in there.

I went in to SW yesterday to inquire about powder and the guy says they the have it in a cart in back but won't make it available, says I'm too early, like I'm some kind of a hoarder or something, like the guys that wait at the doors week after week to buy everything up! I've been getting the same treatment at the Bi-Mart on Halsey.....
Bite me guys, I go into those places less and less. I won't drive and walk into your stores to be treated like crap! Powder Valley are some damned nice people though.

Mike

I placed an order last night with Ballistic Products, they show as having A2400 in stock (though I've not yet rec'd a confirmation to that effect, I'll wait a couple days to see if it's legit). I never thought I'd actually pay Hazmat AND shipping on this stuff as I am really frugal (aka cheap) that way, but given the current situation I felt it was about my only option.

Well, the idea is to max out your weight for the one haz-mat fee, powder, primers etc. If you can afford it that is. You could always sell the rest on NWF for what you paid, plus a portion of the haz-mat. I did that, foolishly, before Sandy Hook, now I'v been scrounging for powder but am okay for a while.

Mike

Almost pulled the trigger on an order today with Powder Valley as a few items that I had on my list came available but they don't calculate shipping until after you place the final order. Anybody know if these guys add a lot of "value" to shipping??

I've found their shipping to be reasonable. It's listed on the home page as I recall.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Thanks Lincoln and Mike.......

After seeing shipping costs and doubling my order I think it's worth the Hazmat and shipping costs. I may put a couple 1 lb cans up at local cost to recover some of the haz mat or I might just not....

They currently have AA2230 at 19.25 a pound... If ya shoot .223/5.56 this powder was engineered specifically for this although it will work in other calibers... I think there is a 10 pound limit but that'll make 2500 rounds!!!

Well, the idea is to max out your weight for the one haz-mat fee, powder, primers etc. If you can afford it that is. You could always sell the rest on NWF for what you paid, plus a portion of the haz-mat. I did that, foolishly, before Sandy Hook, now I'v been scrounging for powder but am okay for a while.

Mike

I ordered enough to offset the hazmat and shipping costs, made it come out about the same as if I bought it locally w/o tax. So if in fact they actually do have it in stock, it ends up being slightly cheaper than buying locally.

They currently have AA2230 at 19.25 a pound... If ya shoot .223/5.56 this powder was engineered specifically for this although it will work in other calibers... I think there is a 10 pound limit but that'll make 2500 rounds!!!

I was in a hurry to order, missed the AA2230 but picked up a couple lbs of the LT32.

2500 rounds?

Thanks

I was in a hurry to order, missed the AA2230 but picked up a couple lbs of the LT32.

2500 rounds?

Thanks

I believe it takes about 4 pounds of AA2230 to load 1000 rounds of .223 so 10 should take care of 2500 rounds. I personally only have 1911's, a 45 LC SSA revolver and a Centennial 66 Winchester 30-30 (the 26" barreled version) but have many friends that load 223.
Just checked and if ya didn't get any, it's gone now!

My order got cancelled. Apparently I took too long to decide and items that were in my cart on the order were sold out before I placed the order. I had asked that the order "ship complete" or not at all and they followed that request.

Next time I'll be quicker with the trigger having had asked my questions first.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top