JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Trade
Manufacturer
Other / Not Listed
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Portland
State
Oregon
Zip Code
I have 8# jugs of Surplus powder, both SRB-118 and 2230-S that I'd like to trade for Commercial H110, W296 or something similar. I think a 2 to 1 ratio would be a fair trade - 8 pounds of surplus for 4 pounds of commercial powder. I'd also be interested in a straight across swap for WC820, a surplus powder, that was designed for the 30 carbine.

These surplus powders, SRB-118 and 2230-S, are ideal for medium rifle cartridges such as .223, .308 and 30-06.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Potentially interested, but I've never heard of either surplus powder...

This powder was marketed by Accurate Arms. Both jugs have some data printed on the side of the jug. Like any surplus powder, you need to work up loads carefully as each lot can vary more than standard commercial offerings. I have loaded other surplus powder from this same estate and found the load data to be very accurate in terms of expected velocities.

jugs.jpg SRB-118_data.jpg 2230_data.jpg

Thanks!
I worked with AA-2200 years ago, I've never seen these grades before. The 2230 appears to be approximately the same as 2200.

I'm assuming these are sealed..If thats the case, I would trade 2lbs. each of H-110 & 296 for a jug of the SB-118.

Thanks!
I worked with AA-2200 years ago, I've never seen these grades before. The 2230 appears to be approximately the same as 2200.

I'm assuming these are sealed..If thats the case, I would trade 2lbs. each of H-110 & 296 for a jug of the SB-118.

They were sealed until I opened them recently to give them a smell check.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top