Gun Deals
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Low Price Guns
DSG Arms
J&B Firearm Sales
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Simply Triggers
Reactions
This was my first 1000 yard range. I was out there with snipers from different agencies learning from the best - Chuck Mawhinney... its amazing what 1000 yards and some time, wind and heat can do to your round.:)

bbbass

Reactions
Heading out to this place for the first time this weekend. Anyone have any tips?

You came to my neck of the woods and didn't say Hi???

I was there once with Ratfink... it was windy! 1000yds in the wind would be a bit of a challenge?

Bring water and a windbreaker.

You came to my neck of the woods and didn't say Hi???

I was there once with Ratfink... it was windy! 1000yds in the wind would be a bit of a challenge?

Bring water and a windbreaker.

I had no idea who was out that way! I thought for sure posting a question would get at least one or two replies. We'll have to remember for next time :)

bbbass

Reactions
I had no idea who was out that way! I thought for sure posting a question would get at least one or two replies. We'll have to remember for next time :)

Love the new avatar.

At the range, I was a bit concerned about the blind spot where you can't see some of the range and have to rely on others putting up a (sign?) or whatever it was to notify people that somebody is downrange... what did you think of that???

Love the new avatar.

At the range, I was a bit concerned about the blind spot where you can't see some of the range and have to rely on others putting up a (sign?) or whatever it was to notify people that somebody is downrange... what did you think of that???

Thanks man. Hopefully I can get back to my old one soon!

Yeah, that's the red arrow near the shack at the 1,000 yard line. Honestly, I was OK with it. Any responsible shooter should know their target and what's beyond it, so I can't imagine not clearing the entire range before shooting from that position (though it wouldn't surprise me if someone failed to do so). For better or worse, I've gotten pretty comfortable trusting strangers with guns around me.

Southwest Firearms Forum
NW Custom Firearms
Sporting Systems
Project Appleseed
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Cerberus Training Group
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Copeland Custom Gunworks
DSG Arms

Upcoming Events

Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Eagle Creek, OR