JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
In the last month I've been seeing more and more powder appearing.

I just bought 8 lbs of it on natchez for under 20 a pound for accurate #7. A powder I've been nearly out of for months and Cabelas and other locals are showing more and more on the shelves and it's taking longer for them to empty.

Looks like supply is catching up with demand at last.

Recent FINALLY got in W748, it's been gone for years. Part of it is people are finally tapped out by the poor economy and it's the post holiday "I'm broke" time

And yet I went to Sportsman's on 82nd Wednesday/Thursday and they didn't receive 1 lb of powder this week and Powder Valley is pretty much tapped out also. I've given up on going to Bi-mart and asking.....

powder valley has been sucking for a LONG time. They can't seem to get or keep anything in stock. And they don't have the ability to notify users as things come in. I'm thinking they have such backlogs of orders that they can't do anything but fill back orders for months and months to come and aren't thinking beyond that at this point. They SHOULD be spending money and modernizing their website and updating... but aren't. Good planning there guys.

And yet I went to Sportsman's on 82nd Wednesday/Thursday and they didn't receive 1 lb of powder this week and Powder Valley is pretty much tapped out also. I've given up on going to Bi-mart and asking.....

I have found this to be the same at the Vancouver Sportsmans. I asked the clerk when the last time they got any powder in and it was over a month ago. As for the BiMarts they never have anything. I have almost givin up on finding anything I need. I know I have seen a few 8lbrs of certain powders come up but I have those already... Keeping the fingers crossed.

Yeah, Powder Valley sucks. Best prices. Great service. Please don't buy anything from them. Go shop at Brunos.

Have not had any problems with PV they shipped my order a few weeks ago out in 2 days.

As for Brunos they want more for primers even before you throw in hazmat fees??? 45 a K for primers???

Regarding sucking... yes, there is a LOT of room for improvement for Powder Valley. Powder Valley has ceased backorders while other sites have re-instituted them, they do not have notifications where nearly every other site does, they don't ever seem to expand their selection, and frankly that bugs the ever loving hell out of me. Never mind the idea of them maybe upgrading the website a little... maybe a little search feature? Anything?

Yes they offer cheap powder, when you can luck on getting it while it's in stock for all of an hour...
And yes, they do ship quickly and do excellent customer service... but upping inventory, offering a wider selection, maybe upgrading the user experience... all are part of doing online business.

Steve, Powder Valley has chosen to continue to provide their products at the lowest possible price to their customers. They have decided not to spend the money upgrading their website in order to maintain their price structure. I appreciate them, and continue to support them and will look to them as my first option for components. Their decision to not accept backorders simplifies their accounting and shipping and helps them to continue to provide the best service at the best prices for their customers. They do post on facebook when they receive or anticipate receiving shipments of products, so checking there can give you a heads up as to what might become available.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top