JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I ordered 2500 of their 9mm, 147g lipstick rounds and they arrived in 3 days. Pretty cool wooden boxes too! Good price, fast shipping, and they have new molds instead of using ones with the lube groove.

Anybody try this with rifle bullets?? Like in .308 or 7mm, because of the velocity difference.

Cannot achieve fast bullets with cast/powder coated bullets. A 7mm powder coated would vaporize before it left the barrel (ok maybe not that extreme), but it wouldn't be pretty.

Subsonic cast boolits is what you can get. (Maybe a maximum of 1500fps)

Cannot achieve fast bullets with cast/powder coated bullets. A 7mm powder coated would vaporize before it left the barrel (ok maybe not that extreme), but it wouldn't be pretty.

Subsonic cast boolits is what you can get. (Maybe a maximum of 1500fps)
Hmm. Again, check out castboolits.com. I've been loading gas checked 190gr spitzers with maximum (jacketed) charges of IMR4895 out of my 30-06 for many decades now.
You can paper patch lead rifle bullets also.

I shoot cast bullets in my 45-70 at over 2000fps, there are guys on the castboolit forum shooting them over 3000fps out of their 30 calibers

I was thinking of trying it out of the 300 Savage to see how it goes...

I shoot cast bullets in my 45-70 at over 2000fps, there are guys on the castboolit forum shooting them over 3000fps out of their 30 calibers

I was thinking of trying it out of the 300 Savage to see how it goes...
That may work since they are not as zippity fast as some. Thinking the heavier side like 150gr? (I also reload for .300 Sav)

Huh? I'm moving them faster out of my 5.15" 10mm barrel.

True story :)
Without specific modifications. I should have clarified. The average guy isn't going to just start slinging cast fast.

I wouldn't go buy a bunch online and assume they will do 2800fps.

I don't make my own bullets so I keep the ones I buy low in velocity.

Hope that makes sense.

Without specific modifications. I should have clarified. The average guy isn't going to just start slinging cast fast.

I wouldn't go buy a bunch online and assume they will do 2800fps.

I don't make my own bullets so I keep the ones I buy low in velocity.

Hope that makes sense.
Absolutely, Cast lead needs to be custom fit to a chamber or barrel before it shoots well without leading. Leading is caused by gas cutting past the base of the bullet and melting the side of the bullet before it enters fully into the barrel.
There are just some myths about lead bullets that need to be dispelled..
1. you cant shoot cast in a Glock without changing barrels... yes you can, if you take the time to fit the bullet with the chamber/barrel
2. shooting cast lead fast will lead your barrel... again, "Fit" is King!
3. you cant shoot cast lead faster then 1500fps... I know a guy on the castboolit forum that is shooting his at 3100fps with a cast/powdercoated bullet.

I have been casting for many years and have started many guys on the Marlinowners forum casting their own, and was one of the first to get into powdercoating as soon as it hit the cast boolit forum. I love making my own cast boolits/bullets and finding different ways to lube them. I even tried the spray on epoxy paint... wouldnt try that again!

I have not powder coated since moving up here, does the humidity really make it hard to shake and bake up here? Living in Ojai Ca. with almost no humidity it was no problem at all. I guess I will just have to give it a shot. sorry, i guess I am rambleing anything that comes to mind.... :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top