JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I guess I might have mentioned that a lifetime supply for me could be orders of magnitude LESS than someone who is a kid of 45 or so. Still, I find it laughable and/or lamentable that anyone would try to set up a standard which confines a substance like smokeless powder which burns when unconfined, but can and will cause an explosion when confined. We might also note the the National Fire Prevention Association is NOT an authority on explosives or even gunpowder, has not official govenrmental or regulatory standing, and that the SAAMI and ANSI recommendations are quire different, to say nothing of the BATFE http://www.atf.gov/files/publications/download/p/atf-p-5400-7.pdf

I guess I might have mentioned that a lifetime supply for me could be orders of magnitude LESS than someone who is a kid of 45 or so. Still, I find it laughable and/or lamentable that anyone would try to set up a standard which confines a substance like smokeless powder which burns when unconfined, but can and will cause an explosion when confined. We might also note the the National Fire Prevention Association is NOT an authority on explosives or even gunpowder, has not official govenrmental or regulatory standing, and that the SAAMI and ANSI recommendations are quire different, to say nothing of the BATFE http://www.atf.gov/files/publications/download/p/atf-p-5400-7.pdf

I buy over 90% of my powder on the internet. Lately, all my fav match pistol powder has been out of stock everywhere. Today I found http://reloadingunlimited.com/ and they swore that they had my Auto Comp and N-340 in stock, so I ordered a lifetime supply since I figured that these powders will not be cheaper if and when the obamabloombergcowardlyfoolsafraidofgunsidiotsscare is over. You might want to look into it. I already have my lifetime supply of primers and rifle powder and bullets and etc.................

$40.00 a pound for Titegroup?! I guess we know for sure now who's been buying up all the powder and scalping it! On the other hand, good for you Mr. Southpaw to have the $$$ to set yourself up for life.

I was excited at having another potential online source but was horrified at the price of an 8lb jug of Titegroup at $299 vs $116 at my normal supplier. Granted, in stock vs out of stock makes a difference, but 3x is a bit too great of a difference for me.

I buy over 90% of my powder on the internet. Lately, all my fav match pistol powder has been out of stock everywhere. Today I found http://reloadingunlimited.com/ and they swore that they had my Auto Comp and N-340 in stock, so I ordered a lifetime supply since I figured that these powders will not be cheaper if and when the obamabloombergcowardlyfoolsafraidofgunsidiotsscare is over. You might want to look into it. I already have my lifetime supply of primers and rifle powder and bullets and etc.................

$40.00 a pound for Titegroup?! I guess we know for sure now who's been buying up all the powder and scalping it! On the other hand, good for you Mr. Southpaw to have the $$$ to set yourself up for life.

I was excited at having another potential online source but was horrified at the price of an 8lb jug of Titegroup at $299 vs $116 at my normal supplier. Granted, in stock vs out of stock makes a difference, but 3x is a bit too great of a difference for me.

I guess actually having some of those less available powders is better than nothing but prices are ridiculous. $39 for a pound of Varget and $300 for 8 lbs?! Maybe it will come to that at some point and those that bought at those prices will seem like the smartest people around but I will not support this kind of business, if I can help it.

I guess actually having some of those less available powders is better than nothing but prices are ridiculous. $39 for a pound of Varget and $300 for 8 lbs?! Maybe it will come to that at some point and those that bought at those prices will seem like the smartest people around but I will not support this kind of business, if I can help it.

Ya I can't justify 40.00 a pound and 30.00 for bulk jugs and that's before shipping and haz. mat charges
That's why its in stock!!!

Stacy

PS If people don't buy it then there forced to lower the price! Think about that before you buy

I think that hazmat fee just kills a deal online unless you are getting your full potential out of it. Need a group buy or something along those lines.

I paid 160.00 for a 8lbr of TAC at the local Sportsmans and was happy to do that. Even at 26.00 a 1lb for some of what I shoot I am willing to pay it as I know with a hazmat fee I will not even come close.

Perhaps I Should have mentioned that a lifetime supply for me is a lot less than it would be for some kid of 45 or younger, if he shoots as much as I do. Still, I store a lot of powder and comply with the BAFTE enforced LAWS which are based on the SAAMI/ANSI recommendations, which were compiled by actual explosive experts, not a consortium of fire chiefs from whatever towns had no use for them the week they drafted those silly rules which if followed, in case of a fire, turn an unconfined burning chemical into a confined, and therefore potentially explosive one. My local FD likes the BAFTE/SAAMI/ANSI guidelines too. I checked some years ago.
Of course politics being politics, things may have changed........................:rolleyes:

As far as the hazmat charge goes--that is built into the price you pay at your local store, too. The thing to do is to divide the total price shipping and all, by the number of pounds and then compare that to what you would pay locally. Sometimes that is impossible for me since I use a lot of match type powders that are not good sellers for my fav local gunshop, and he has no good connection to a distributor for them. So, as mentioned I buy a lot online. If you have a fave rifle and cartridge and powder, you could do yourself a favor by buying 16 pounds, which seems to me to be the number at which I break even when comparing to local price--but--- if you buy one pound today and I buy 16 today, and you want another pound 6 months from now--and another in another 6 and so on, who got the best deal? The market system is busted and prices go up if demand is up and supply is down because people will pay more for scarce items--but prices go up if demand is down and supply is up because manufacturers-------and middlemen--- have to make more per sale.....call it greed or self preservation-it's a fact prices do not go down over the long run they never have and never will. Someone told me that the powder shorttage we see right now is caused by all the panic buying of guns by new owners who are buying ammo which makes a lot more money for the powder makers and makes it harder for the gubmint to keep stocks up so they increase orders and off we go--handloaders being last on the list of profitable customers. So-- I see some powder I want-- I see it in quantity-- I buy it-- and thus contribute to the spiralling prices in my own small way. But I HAVE to shoot,don't I?

Last Edited:
Let's all meet on this corner in 24 months and pay each other the difference between $50 for a pound of n-340 (which is what I
think i t will be by then) and what it is now. I think we're in for the same kind of sticker shock the car makers f****d a alot of us with. When big business takes over, stock up on the vaseline............

I don't know if I am the lucky one or not but I found a lot of Varget this weekend. I was planning on buying some IMR 4064 to see if I could make it work in place of Varget since I had pretty much given up hope.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top