JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
as of 11 AM today Sportsmans warehouse in Beaverton OR had an 8 lbs jug of H380 and an assortment of 1 lbs cans of Reloader 17, Vihtavouri, and some IMR rifle powders.

In case anyone is looking still.

On a side note, if someone has an 8 lb jug of H335 or maybe H322 and wants the H380, I'll buy and meet for trade.

The Hillsboro location on Thursday afternoon had Unique, Power pistol, Red Dot, and American Select. Last week they had TAC and Silhouette among others. It is a welcome change to the empty shelves they have so often. It seems they put out the powder on Thursday or Friday with just enough randomness to prevent people from lining up in advance.

Was at Cabelas' in Tualitan yesterday. He said they had a shipment come in Sunday afternoon but that it wouldn't be on the shelves until this morning. He didn't know what was on this particular shipment but says they are starting to get pistol powder shipments in.

Scored two pounds of TiteGroup at Sportsmans in Salem this afternoon. I asked the guy at the counter if they had any pistol powders and he pointed to the list. I was just starting to look when he pointed and said they had 2 pounds of TiteGroup left and did I want it. Gave him a big ol' "Hell Ya" and he went in the back and brought it out. I asked if they had a unicorn ranch back there too but guess he didn't get the humor!

They're getting more and more powder in on a daily basis so you'll need to check every day.

As of 30 minutes ago there was a 1lb jar of Unique at the Hillsboro Sportsman's Warehouse. Some rifle powders too, but those have been getting a lot easier to find as of late.

As of 30 minutes ago there was a 1lb jar of Unique at the Hillsboro Sportsman's Warehouse. Some rifle powders too, but those have been getting a lot easier to find as of late.

30 minutes ago, 1:45pm, SE 82nd Sportsman's had Unique, Power Pistol, Titegroup, Bullseye, Red Dot and some others.

30 minutes ago, 1:45pm, SE 82nd Sportsman's had Unique, Power Pistol, Titegroup, Bullseye, Red Dot and some others.

Figures I was just there on Wednesday and they had nothing for pistol powder:rolleyes: But the time before that they had a 8lbr of TAC :D They do seem to be getting a few 8lbrs every time.

Bend Sportsman's had a fairly large selection of powders yesterday - much more than in a long time. Lots of pistol powders, IMR stuff - pretty good selection - many 8 pounders also. Primers were back to pre-hysteria levels and lots of bulk & hard cast bullets

Another self-induced 'shortage' like the .22LR one, sounds like.

I guess when everybody has 400 pounds of powder and 20,000 rounds of .22 LR then we can get back to normal life, hopefully.

Scored two pounds of TiteGroup at Sportsmans in Salem this afternoon. I asked the guy at the counter if they had any pistol powders and he pointed to the list. I was just starting to look when he pointed and said they had 2 pounds of TiteGroup left and did I want it. Gave him a big ol' "Hell Ya" and..............

The employees must have all they'll ever need.

It seems like it's been so long since I could try a different powder, it was surreal! Only two other guys at the counter, one looking at the list of powder burn rates and the other looking at a gun down a ways. Out comes the associate with TWO 8# JUGS of BULLSEYE and a # of TITEGROUP. He set them down on the counter three feet away from me! When I got a look at the list I could hardly believe my eyes. I misread thinking it said one eight pounder of Unique, it was 8 one pound bottles! I felt almost giddy and was afraid of looking like a silly school girl by jumping up and down and clapping when he brought me out three different pistol powders, two pounds each. Still looking at the list, I should have got two pounds of Power Pistol, never tried it and have wanted to, but didn't want to be a pain so I didn't ask.

I've only been loading for three years and this shortage, or what ever you want to call it, has me warped. I haven't driven all over the place looking for supplies but I look when I'm in the area, cruise Gun Bot and Powder Valley on a regular basis. I cut back on shooting because I've been afraid I might run out of powder for a certain caliber. As much as Wifey and I shoot I have enough powder to last us a year or more. There's certainly a "Thrill of the Hunt" that is gone now. I'll probably still keep looking when I'm in the area, and if I find hand gun powder buy it, and sell it, with little or no mark-up, to some who didn't get there in time, or missed out.

Mike

I guess when everybody has 400 pounds of powder and 20,000 rounds of .22 LR then we can get back to normal life, hopefully.
Well I have never had (or needed) that much but there was a guy at the counter mentioning how he had "17 thousand rounds of .22 on hand" so you MIGHT be right!

I was in hillsboro sportmans today, they had one 8# and a handfull of the 1# of H335, a few1# power pistols, re-15,re-17,A2200 among a few others. Those are just the ones I recall.

I thought this thread was gonna be about da powpow..

tlh-boarder-close-spray.jpg

I buy over 90% of my powder on the internet. Lately, all my fav match pistol powder has been out of stock everywhere. Today I found http://reloadingunlimited.com/ and they swore that they had my Auto Comp and N-340 in stock, so I ordered a lifetime supply since I figured that these powders will not be cheaper if and when the obamabloombergcowardlyfoolsafraidofgunsidiotsscare is over. You might want to look into it. I already have my lifetime supply of primers and rifle powder and bullets and etc.................

Many locations follow the NFPA guidelines for powder and primer storage in a residence. Something to keep in mind while stashing piles of components. I saw no limit on the amount of loaded ammo nor any reason you couldn't stash it in the wood shed or dog house. :D

11-3.7 Smokeless propellants intended for personal use in quantities not exceeding 20 lb (9.1 kg) may be stored in original containers in residences. Quantities exceeding 20 lb (9.1 kg), but not exceeding 50 lb (22.7 kg), may be stored in residences if kept in a wooden box or cabinet having walls or at least 1-inc. (25.4-mm) nominal thickness.

11-5.4 No more than 10,000 small arms primers may be stored in residences

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads