JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
<broken link removed>

BIG VALLEY, Washington —

Police in Kitsap County are looking for a group of masked men who broke into a home near Poulsbo on Friday morning, tied up a family and robbed them at gunpoint.

It all went down in the Big Valley area between Poulsbo and Kingston.

Investigators said it was just about 7 a.m. when two armed men came through the door of the home and demanded money from a man, a woman and a teenager inside. One of the men carried an AR-15 rifle; the other had a semi-automatic handgun with a silencer, the Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office said.

The men quickly tied up the 49-year-old woman and her 18-year-old daughter and 51-year-old boyfriend using plastic zip-ties.

“(The men asked) ‘Where is the money? Where is the safe?’ and these folks, unfortunately, don’t have a lot of money to give them,” Sheriff’s Deputy Scott Wilson said.

Investigators said the pair didn’t get much; just a handful of collectible coins and some jewelry. They drove off in the family’s SUV, which was recovered about two miles away.

The home is in a fairly isolated area in Kitsap County. It appears from the victims’ accounts of the home invasion that the men were deliberately targeting the family.

“They were invaded, it was forceful, they were tied up, people were using weapons, and so we need to find out what the connection is,” Wilson said.

Since the men wore masks, the victims didn’t get a very good look at them. The family said they know about how tall the men were, and that they were white and in their 20s.

KIRO 7 tried speaking with the victims, but they declined to talk to us.

Deputies are examining the SUV to see if the men left anything behind.

Thought this would be appropriate here:

media guide to firearms.jpg

media guide to firearms.jpg

What a terrifying ordeal for all three of them.

Every time I read one of these stories, I always wonder how the bad guys "came through the door" without alerting the residents? Unlocked? Tissue paper construction? A hundred feet away from the bedrooms?

I have a hard time believing that anybody could surprise me in my home without giving me at least a few precious seconds to react.

The men quickly tied up the 49-year-old woman and her 18-year-old daughter and 51-year-old boyfriend using plastic zip-ties.

"(The men asked) &#8216;Where is the money? Where is the safe?' and these folks, unfortunately, don't have a lot of money to give them," Sheriff's Deputy Scott Wilson said.

Investigators said the pair didn't get much; just a handful of collectible coins and some jewelry. They drove off in the family's SUV, which was recovered about two miles away.

The home is in a fairly isolated area in Kitsap County. It appears from the victims' accounts of the home invasion that the men were deliberately targeting the family.

"They were invaded, it was forceful, they were tied up, people were using weapons, and so we need to find out what the connection is," Wilson said.

Since the men wore masks, the victims didn't get a very good look at them. The family said they know about how tall the men were, and that they were white and in their 20s.

I'd start with the 18yo daughter and find out if she knows any guys in their 20's who she may have talked with recently.

Whoah, is this the first recorded use of a crime involving a suppressor?

Not in WA. I wrote to the county sheriffs requesting silencer crime data back in 2010 as part of the effort to amend the RCW's to allow silencer use. There were a total of ten cases reported to me, most were mere possession, no evidence that any were registered and only one involved in a murder. I figure I got about 25% of the data I asked for.

Ranb

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads