1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this week -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

Poulsbo, WA - Kitsap family apparently targeted in violent home invasion

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by ATCclears, Aug 10, 2012.

1. ATCclears

ATCclears Seattle area, WA Well-Known Member

Kitsap family apparently targeted in violent home invasion | www.kirotv.com

BIG VALLEY, Washington —

Police in Kitsap County are looking for a group of masked men who broke into a home near Poulsbo on Friday morning, tied up a family and robbed them at gunpoint.

It all went down in the Big Valley area between Poulsbo and Kingston.

Investigators said it was just about 7 a.m. when two armed men came through the door of the home and demanded money from a man, a woman and a teenager inside. One of the men carried an AR-15 rifle; the other had a semi-automatic handgun with a silencer, the Kitsap County Sheriff’s Office said.

The men quickly tied up the 49-year-old woman and her 18-year-old daughter and 51-year-old boyfriend using plastic zip-ties.

“(The men asked) ‘Where is the money? Where is the safe?’ and these folks, unfortunately, don’t have a lot of money to give them,” Sheriff’s Deputy Scott Wilson said.

Investigators said the pair didn’t get much; just a handful of collectible coins and some jewelry. They drove off in the family’s SUV, which was recovered about two miles away.

The home is in a fairly isolated area in Kitsap County. It appears from the victims’ accounts of the home invasion that the men were deliberately targeting the family.

“They were invaded, it was forceful, they were tied up, people were using weapons, and so we need to find out what the connection is,” Wilson said.

Since the men wore masks, the victims didn’t get a very good look at them. The family said they know about how tall the men were, and that they were white and in their 20s.

KIRO 7 tried speaking with the victims, but they declined to talk to us.

Deputies are examining the SUV to see if the men left anything behind.
  2. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

Whoah, is this the first recorded use of a crime involving a suppressor?
  3. eganx

eganx Kingston WA Active Member

I'd bet it was a .22 with a fake suppressor.
    Burt Gummer and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

Until and unless they recover the firearm, I'm calling BS. Who wants to bet this was done using Airsoft guns?
  5. EMP9596

EMP9596 Two Trees West of Camas, WA. Active Member

Bet they got them at a Big 5 store... Better call ATF so they can say the airsofts could be converted to full autos.
  6. Blue Devil PA

Blue Devil PA Boise Active Member

media guide to firearms.jpg

media guide to firearms.jpg
  7. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

What a terrifying ordeal for all three of them.

Every time I read one of these stories, I always wonder how the bad guys "came through the door" without alerting the residents? Unlocked? Tissue paper construction? A hundred feet away from the bedrooms?

I have a hard time believing that anybody could surprise me in my home without giving me at least a few precious seconds to react.
  8. Mohawk13

Mohawk13 Home on The Range Active Member

mosinguy and (deleted member) like this.
  9. mosinguy

mosinguy by the ocean Member

it was terrible for the family but i am thinking daughter has more knowledge then the press is letting us know
  10. chemist

chemist Beaverton OR Well-Known Member

Yes, especially since nobody got badly hurt. The bad guys seemed to know too much, and care too much about the victims' welfare.
  11. revjen45

revjen45 Snohomish County Well-Known Member

Such is why I am always armed in my abode. Goblins making violent and tumultuous entry into my domicile will receive notice that they are unwelcome.
  12. Sun195

Sun195 Pugetropolis, WA Well-Known Member

I'd start with the 18yo daughter and find out if she knows any guys in their 20's who she may have talked with recently.
  13. Ranb

Ranb Belfair, WA Active Member

Not in WA. I wrote to the county sheriffs requesting silencer crime data back in 2010 as part of the effort to amend the RCW's to allow silencer use. There were a total of ten cases reported to me, most were mere possession, no evidence that any were registered and only one involved in a murder. I figure I got about 25% of the data I asked for.