JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If it gets to this point I hope they meet resistance when they attempt to confiscate.

I bet half of these guns are out of state soon. If a guy isn't in a real solid relationship he better watch out for getting turned in.

*Very big sigh* You're right- being a police officer in Connecticut would be a good way to be a bullet magnet. The State government is being retarded- I'm sure there's a better way to phrase it, I just don't know those words in the correct order. If I lived in New York or New Jersey I'd be getting da mned worried- if this lights a powder keg there, I wonder how much it'd take for the "flash point" to ignite across the state lines?

At least in California they're going to court over the "back door gun ban microstamping"- 2nd Amendment Foundation is leading the charge and Glock, Ruger, Smith & Wesson (I've missed one company) have formed an Amicus Brief (Legal term literal translation meaning "A friend of the court") in providing documents to support the 2nd Amendment Foundations lawsuit. I've been watching this like a hawk- if the gun manufacturers say it won't work, and they've got documentation to prove it, the antigunners are going to be a mite upset as this has been one of their "Holy Grails"- and this is very similar to how 20 years ago that gunpowder taggents made the gunpowder unstable so they stopped that line of research. I'm curious how the Antigunners are going to be able to provide counter-documentation that this will work when they haven't spent the hundreds of millions of dollars in firearm research the manufacturers and the military has spent.

As far as Washington State, the Democrats and Republicans Senators and Rep's had a shoot out this last weekend to support hunting and firearm rights in Little Rock. Go figure- this was in the Tacoma News Tribune and I thought I must have gotten the "Superman Bizzaro" Edition when I read it at the VA hospital on Wednesday (Yesterday)

It's certainly going to be interesting...been scanning the CT news. Looks like the only people being hit, so far, with their new "failure to register an assault weapon/magazine" law are already convicted felons or just plain criminals...not Joe Schmoe (yet).

What is really going to hurt CT is when a domestic happens or a neighbor turns in someone...guy is legit on EVERYTHING but some 12-round pistol magazine he forgot about and they still throw the book at him. Then what? If they really push it, you will see people screaming about this- even if no shots are fired it will get very hot in the CT kitchen. The intent of the law was sold as preventing another Newtown but here you'll have a respectable dude being rail-roaded by political, anti-gun bullcrap.

Only time will tell...I'm willing to bet a lot of self-respecting police have looked the other way or just plain refused to check if someone is compliant with the law because of how hot this is.

They only sent letters to 219 possible people. This tells me that this will be the max possible number confiscated I would think. What about the other 100000 or so? They still are way outmatched.

They only sent letters to 219 possible people. This tells me that this will be the max possible number confiscated I would think. What about the other 100000 or so? They still are way outmatched.

They're testing the water's to see how deep the peoples reactions will be. It's easier to do a little bit at a time rather than one huge push. Go after the bad guys first, that makes the police look like heros. Then wait a bit and go after the regular joe's.

this goes into detail about being "Delphied" http://www.seanet.com/~barkonwd/school/DELPHI.HTM and that is exactly what's happening

I would not want to be a CT cop right about now...

I would love to be one right about now. Being able to stand up to the tyranny of the Gov.!

I hope all LE stands up and says a loud resounding NO, we aren't going to do your dirty work Gov.

But sadly, a lot are sheep...and will do what they are told.

I can't really decide who is a bigger pack of dopes with this... the sipsey street people, the politicians, or Lt. Vance. I'm just glad all this crap is happening thousands of miles away.

When I saw the topic on the forum main page I saw "potential war starting..." I was thinking over in the Ukraine/Crimea.

My understanding was that they only sent the notice to the people that tried registering after the deadline... which is funny because they'll probably be the first houses ever checked!

Imagine that... Knowing you'll become a felon for doing nothing more than owning a rifle or magazine and failing to register them by the deadline. Then while trying to be compliant, they only managed to put themselves in the radar more so. Makes me laugh a little.

But all those guys that registered are just as foolish. What happens when CT decides that registration wasn't enough? Guess whose houses are next on the confiscation list?

Yeah, CT can go to hell. I don't wish ill will on any CT cop, but it's definitely going to get bad before it gets better.

This is nothing more than the calm before the storm and everyone is watching.

Both Riot and Wichaka have made valid observations. You're right- everyone is watching who's going to do what.

Even the Ukraine is rewriting their Constitution to have a 2nd Amendment style added! (GOOD FOR THEM!) just because of the "noise" they've been through.

As far as being LEO in Conn? I can see both sides of the fence on this- the LEO's need to feed their families too, but yet they've also sworn to uphold the law "and those officers appointed"

*Grins* I suppose what we should do is whack this beehive like we've got a pair of boots!! (This is just an idea)

Therefore, I propose we put together a "care package"- first aid kits, and ammo to the Connecticut Citizens Defense League, Inc!!!

Welcome to the CCDL It doesn't have to be much- obviously it's more symbolic than anything but still,,,,is this doable? Should this be done?

*Snorts and says whimsically* Guess its better to have a war on that side of the country than on this side,,,,

So there's one thing that's probably worth pointing out in all this. Until you've been "harmed" you cannot file a lawsuit against the government, as you "have no standing". It seems the sipsey street people are looking to make themselves a test-case for this. I have to tip my hat to 'em, while certainly not the brightest idea, it takes some big brass balls.

So there's one thing that's probably worth pointing out in all this. Until you've been "harmed" you cannot file a lawsuit against the government, as you "have no standing". It seems the sipsey street people are looking to make themselves a test-case for this. I have to tip my hat to 'em, while certainly not the brightest idea, it takes some big brass balls.

"Harmed" is a rather interesting word in this case. Turning what was law abiding citizens into criminals would certainly fall under the category of "harm". "Infringement of rights" would certainly be a "harm". The 2A is on this legally, NRA & ACLU I think are considering it. Not sure how big or brassy the balls are- nothing wrong with retreating under these circumstances. CONNECTICUT POLICE DEPARTMENT STATISTICS Thats a total of 6,656 officers- TOTAL- for the whole state vs. 340,000 "assault rifle" firearm owners. Even if they called in Mass police- I think there's around 7000 lets call it 14,000. Now lets double that number- and they're still outgunned 24 and a quarter to 1.

My legal opinion- that and a cup of coffee is worth the coffee- is there has been several lawsuits brought by people (Barbara Streisand vs. paparazzi on her new house- see Wikipedia) has shown that even the potential of harm is sufficient for a lawsuit. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negligence and http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proximate_cause

They would not have 340,000 convicted felons if the state did not make them felons; therefore the Proximate Cause would be changing the laws to make this kind of firearm illegal.

Hopefully common sense will prevail and the government will wake up, realize they've made a horrible mistake and back down. If not,,,? Well,,,,that's what we've got courts for.

Here is the letter.....
CT_LETTER.jpg

CT_LETTER.jpg

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR