JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've seen many others post similar sentiment to a future move down the road. So what states have others considered?

I've considered Idaho, Florida and Nevada. Florida and Nevada get the first nod since they are no income tax states and more free than WA is becoming, though not perfect (no folding knives over 4" in FL). Florida get's an extra nod because there are plenty of jobs in my profession, great weather, and it's great for real estate investment (I own rentals here in King County).

Downside of Florida is of course tropical storms and sink holes. Idaho looks great from a freedom perspective, very common sense laws around knifes, guns, etc. Very little work for my profession (IT) though and winters are brutal, not to mention it's a terrible place for real estate investing.

Perhaps live in Idaho and invest in Florida and snowbird...:)

In any case, any states you are considering or would consider? I'm sure a lot of people will say Texas, but I'm not sure I want to move to the epicenter of the illegal problem, given the crime, etc.

I go where the warden goes. Plus hog hunting and they recognize my permit. I can buy and sell guns with much less state interference. Blue states suck. Many more reasons too numerous to mention. I moved here in 72 and it's been downhill since.

No plans to move anytime in the near future - at least for the next 20 years. Buy my wife and I have tossed around some ideas, none of them serious at this time. Some we've considered: ID, MT, ND (I could potentially find work there with my current employer if I were so inclined - I'm not at this time), TN, SC.

Winters are NOT brutal in Idaho...except at higher elevations. Where I am they are similar in temps to Vancouver Wa. without the rain, or maybe the Tri-Citiies without all the wind.

9-10" annual rainfall, golf in January.
45 minutes from decent skiing
5 minutes from decent fishing
ATK/CCI is always hiring
Nice airport with free long-term parking

Last Edited:
Winters are NOT brutal in Idaho...except at higher elevations. Where I am they are similar in temps to Vancouver Wa. without the rain, or maybe the Tri-Citiies without all the wind.

9-10" annual rainfall, golf in January.
45 minutes from decent skiing
5 minutes from decent fishing
ATK/CCI is always hiring
Nice airport with free long-term parking
He lies:mad:
Idaho sucks in sooooo many ways :rolleyes:

Arizona! Got family there and way easier to buy and sell fire arms. Plenty of places to shoot and hunt on public land.
We will keep our house here so we can come back see family and get out of the heat in the summers. Thats the plan anyway;)

I think what we really are looking for. Is a different time. Not a different place. o_O

Fellas. I'm afraid it's up to us to make it a time we like. ;)

Looking for freedom. Can have it in the here and now if the world would get a grip. Lot's of people who had the make it like we like inclination dropped their weapons in Oregon and fled when the FBI started slapping the cuffs on people. A few faced felony charges and got luck they were found not guilty. I don't think a revolution is likely, this isn't hundreds of years ago where peasants were just as well armed as the government. Think about law enforcement databases, police powers, drones, facial recognition, etc. The system is designed to control you. Governments have all the power. Uprisings only work in third world countries. Maybe California will have one soon, but I think they prefer Starbucks and the Kardashians.

I think what we really are looking for. Is a different time. Not a different place. o_O

Fellas. I'm afraid it's up to us to make it a time we like. ;)
Some places are like going back in time. I set the way back machine to a more comfortable place that reflects my values. I'm too old to deal with fighting a losing battle. I would rather pick my battles than fight a constant one. Ya'll have my respect for the effort you have given, and carry on.

Looking for freedom. Can have it in the here and now if the world would get a grip. Lot's of people who had the make it like we like inclination dropped their weapons in Oregon and fled when the FBI started slapping the cuffs on people. A few faced felony charges and got luck they were found not guilty. I don't think a revolution is likely, this isn't hundreds of years ago where peasants were just as well armed as the government. Think about law enforcement databases, police powers, drones, facial recognition, etc. The system is designed to control you. Governments have all the power. Uprisings only work in third world countries. Maybe California will have one soon, but I think they prefer Starbucks and the Kardashians.

No revolution necessary. Just hold out where you are, Vote and keep the faith. ;)
We don't know what is possible!
You see. Trump had no chance. But he won.[ Ain't that something!]
Now I probably can't stop all the things here I hate. But I won't run!

A near impossible battle can be won. But only if you stand, turn, and face it.
Nobody wins a battle by abandoning the battlefield. o_O

And I'm not gona let these f-er's win Oregon buy default. What. Give it to them? :s0002:
Look. Oregon is California is Washington. Change it here. And it doesn't spread!

Stay here. Vote with me.
Invest your beliefs in a place you love. Maybe help course correct America?
I will be here. I'll hold on.

And it helps I felt something strange in the air this week. Did you feel it?
Been awhile since I felt that.

The wind. It seams to be changing direction?
I would swear it's at my back? :s0042:

No revolution necessary. Just hold out where you are, Vote and keep the faith. ;)

And I'm not gona let these f-er's win Oregon buy default. What. Give it to them? :s0002:
Look. Oregon is California is Washington. Change it here. And it doesn't spread!

Stay here. Vote with me.

:s0101: :s0115:

This thread is interesting considering some research I've been doing. I've got pretty deep roots here in Oregon and I am not planning on leaving any time soon. However, I am looking at buying land parcels for investment, developing a second home, and other purposes. My original thought was to buy in Eastern Oregon, because the prices are reasonable and I loved my time out there back in the day. However, with the way the wind is blowing, politically-speaking, I'm casting my gaze eastward for the aforementioned expansion plans. Some random thoughts:

• I really like Idaho. There is some truly beautiful country in that state. I haven't gone way up north though, say can't comment on that. The parts I'm seriously looking at are very much like eastern Oregon, but the insanity of Salem, obviously, isn't foisted upon it.
  • I've spent some time in eastern Washington and like it a lot. Not so much the western part of the state, to be candid. Sadly, it seems Washington suffers from the same syndrome as here: the politics of the state are ruled by a couple of huge cities packed with "progressive" types who think guns are bad, but taxes are just fantastic.
  • Northwestern Nevada looks interesting, and I've crossed over to that side while over in eastern Oregon and have checked out some land deals there. Their tax situation is much better from what I've seen, not the least of which no income tax. The gun laws are solid too.
  • Oklahoma was mentioned above. My time, physically, in the state has been limited to some business trips over there, but I liked what I saw in general. I've found the people to be straight-shooters.
  • My time in Arizona is limited, but the northern part is interesting. Their gun laws are good too. Beyond that, I'm less sure about viability.
  • And I've been to a bunch of other states and, for the matter, parts of Canada and Mexico, but I'm not buying land in any of those. ;)
Anyway, just some random thoughts from what I've found. Cheers friends.

Stay here. Vote with me.

No need to run Medic, just walk to a place that has values like yours. I realize when family, job, friends keep one in place. I'm retired and want to live out my years unrestricted by a climate of oppressive regulations that will take a generation to correct. Not enough time left to fight the good fight. Like I said carry on and may the wind be at your back.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top