JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sounds like maybe he thought it over, got over himself a bit, and either realized how he was in the wrong or realized he was throwing away any integrity or reputation he might have for a measly hundred bucks.

More importantly, how did it turn out? Is the repair and refinish to your satisfaction?

I'm down for a good thrashin, got my Ol' Steel Butt 97 trench along with the 16'' bayonet, could make for a pretty good panty wetting seeing that thing headed his way!

I think a better option is to print off all these pages of comments and snail mail them to him along with a nice friendly chat with the BBB! Point out that 40k worth of customers and hundreds of dollars each just evaporated for ever!!! If that doesn't get his attention, nothing will!

Well, it doesnt look too bad...

its a little light on the back of the receiver... otherwise its acceptable.

Ill get some pictures up later. The color looks good though.

Once I get it sighted in and can get myself to where I can make some good long distance shots.... Ill probably take it in to get Cerakoted later on.

For now, and considering the circumstances... itll do.

My gut tells me that he would have kept up with his douchebaggery if he thought that he could get away with it.
He probably saw this thread.

Glad you got out from under that black cloud !

Well...

I've been outplayed.

The disclaimer on the original invoice....what I read as him being released from liability if I'm injured through MY negligent use of a gun he worked on.....

Turns out that I was actually giving him a pass in negligently damaging my gun.

Well again, use this as a learning experience. Don't go back to him again. I personally would not walk in there if he was offering to work on it for free. He can't be trusted to work on something.

This is a bit harsh, but I'd totally sell that rifle after experiencing something like that. It would only remind me every time that it could have other unseen problems.

That or at least take it to another more reputable smith to ensure it is actually of sound mechanical function. Who knows what else that guy gubered up.

This is a bit harsh, but I'd totally sell that rifle after experiencing something like that. It would only remind me every time that it could have other unseen problems.

That or at least take it to another more reputable smith to ensure it is actually of sound mechanical function. Who knows what else that guy gubered up.

I did have a real, reputable GS look at it. The gun is solid. just gouged the metal.
And for the Duracoating, I disassembled the rifle myself before taking it in.

I cant sell it... we've been through so much together. Ive been working my way up to this build for a while.
For once, I have more $ invested in a gun than its probably worth :eek:

Well...

I've been outplayed.

The disclaimer on the original invoice....what I read as him being released from liability if I'm injured through MY negligent use of a gun he worked on.....

Turns out that I was actually giving him a pass in negligently damaging my gun.
So was the damaged areas fixed or did he just spray over them? When you get it back make a straight line over to my place and let me take a look. Worse case we take care of it for you like I mentioned before.

Well, sorry for the delayed update.

Since duracoat needs a lot of time to cure....... after putting it in the stock.... I just left it alone.

Its not bad. The damage isnt really visible and what was on the side of the receiver is below the stock line on the new stock.

Back to my original plan, take it out and shoot it before I worry about looks. At least I dont have to worry about it rusting under the stock.

Some pics...

WP_20170809_22_29_03_Pro[1].jpg
WP_20170809_22_29_29_Pro[1].jpg \
WP_20170809_22_30_13_Pro[1].jpg
WP_20170809_22_29_52_Pro[1].jpg WP_20170809_22_33_44_Pro[1].jpg

Well, sorry for the delayed update.

Since duracoat needs a lot of time to cure....... after putting it in the stock.... I just left it alone.

Its not bad. The damage isnt really visible and what was on the side of the receiver is below the stock line on the new stock.

Back to my original plan, take it out and shoot it before I worry about looks. At least I dont have to worry about it rusting under the stock.

Some pics...

View attachment 382644
View attachment 382645 \
View attachment 382646
View attachment 382647 View attachment 382648
Looks great... But how you can see thru that scope with it up that high:rolleyes:? You're gunna wanna address that before you go shooting.
Savage is nice enough to put those nice rails on our rifles, but they are a bit lofty... I had to get creative with my FVSR...
Picked this comb riser up at a gun show and screwed it on with a self tapper... $10 tactical stock upgrade.
Looks like you might be able to fit some lower rings under it.

IMG_2602.JPG

been following this thread lightly to see the outcome, been on vacation for a week so not super active on here, i guarantee this guy saw this thread and realized what a jerk he was being, that hes already in a lose lose situation and should do what is RIGHT in the first place.

good that u got your gun back and fixed man... sorry for your situation

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads