JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I really dont get why you guys are being so negative about people wanting to see the total solar eclipse. These things dont happen often and when they do they dont always fall on US soil the last time it happened on US soil was in 1991 and it was Hawaii and it was cloudy. So I understand why people would flock to find a space to view a total eclipse. This is going to be a really cool spacial event and we are lucky enough to live in the state where it makes landfall.

I really dont get why you guys are being so negative about people wanting to see the total solar eclipse. These things dont happen often and when they do they dont always fall on US soil the last time it happened on US soil was in 1991 and it was Hawaii and it was cloudy. So I understand why people would flock to find a space to view a total eclipse. This is going to be a really cool spacial event and we are lucky enough to live in the state where it makes landfall.

Well, some people are like sheep and don't mind spending copius amount of money to pile together all on top of each other to witness a fifteen minute event. Some do mind. We'll just wait and see how many people get trampled/beat/drowned/murdered/arrested and all the other things that happen when hundred of thousands of people all jamb in to small places! In that respect, i think sheep are of higher intelligence, maybe?

Well, some people are like sheep and don't mind spending copius amount of money to pile together all on top of each other to witness a fifteen minute event. Some do mind. We'll just wait and see how many people get trampled/beat/drowned/murdered/arrested and all the other things that happen when hundred of thousands of people all jamb in to small places! In that respect, i think sheep are of higher intelligence, maybe?

Come on man. Calling people names and insulting their intelligence for wanting to see a rare celestial event is just demeaning and just makes you look bad.

Well, some people are like sheep and don't mind spending copious amount of money to pile together all on top of each other to witness a fifteen minute event. Some do mind. We'll just wait and see how many people get trampled/beat/drowned/murdered/arrested and all the other things that happen when hundred of thousands of people all jamb in to small places! In that respect, i think sheep are of higher intelligence, maybe?

Come on man. Calling people names and insulting their intelligence for wanting to see a rare celestial event is just demeaning and just makes you look bad.

I high lighted the parts that are MY opinion. Would you say that ALL people are of high intelligence? All I'm saying is, in my opinion, is that it seems silly to run with a huge crowds to see the sun go out for 15 minutes. If you are one of them, be careful and enjoy. I will enjoy it ,hopefully, while I'm out working.

Eclipse Smeeclips, MEH.....
Mike think of it this way, when somebody opens there yap on the interweb and says the Springers are in the Columbia & the fishing is "WHITE HOT"...... the masses will come, en mass & they are just a different type of adventurer!!! :D

Last Edited:
If you follow it. I'm talking about how long it will last at a specific place.

My bad. The actual full eclipse where the sun is totally blacked out lasts a couple of minutes. The whole process from when the moon starts to cover the sun until it quits covering the sun is about an hour and a half.

I think it would be cool to see but not enough to spend any big money to travel to see it. For others though, it's a pretty big deal. As the old saying goes: "Other people's hobbies always seem silly." :)

The family and I are going to be in John Day. I made my reservations over three years ago.

That going to be a boon for John Day I bet. And GOOD for them! If I were in NE Oregon I would consider going for something like you're doing. But living in a population center causes me to seek uncrowded places for recreation.

I see it a being a real cluster in the Willamette Valley. Should be traffic jambs like have never been seen before. REALLY glad I don't live anywhere near Salem! I'm sure PDX will be messed up too so I'll be hunkered down and staying close to home!

Wife and I thought it seemed odd that we couldn't book a room in Sisters for our anniversary weekend. Now I know why.. Would love to see this though. Last time this happened we had boys in WW1

Anyone thinking about the potential problems that are being warned about for the already predicted 500,000 people coming to Oregon to see the solar eclipse? Virtually all campgrounds, state parks & private places are reserved - but the worry is about the places in the NF & surrounding areas. With any luck it will pass with only a few problems but the warnings are out to stock up on a few things And don't travel if necessary during the event.

Very interesting. It turns out that almost the entire Willamette Valley, from south of Portland in the north, to just north of Eugene in the south, will be in total darkness

In ancient history, eclipses were thought to foretell impending catastrophe. They were thought to be a warning that God was angry with you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top