JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone thinking about the potential problems that are being warned about for the already predicted 500,000 people coming to Oregon to see the solar eclipse? Virtually all campgrounds, state parks & private places are reserved - but the worry is about the places in the NF & surrounding areas. With any luck it will pass with only a few problems but the warnings are out to stock up on a few things And don't travel if necessary during the event.

Been on my mind as I'll be one of the 500k ( is it really that many? wow )

We are actually staying in LaPine State park because it was the closest that wasn't full....figure even being that far south, it's still 2 hours closer than home to go see it...

Anyone thinking about the potential problems that are being warned about for the already predicted 500,000 people coming to Oregon to see the solar eclipse? Virtually all campgrounds, state parks & private places are reserved - but the worry is about the places in the NF & surrounding areas. With any luck it will pass with only a few problems but the warnings are out to stock up on a few things And don't travel if necessary during the event.
as long as they dont fk up my bowhunt im good.

I'd be worried about all the trash that might be left behind.
As well as the wildfire and outhouse overflow...
It is a shame that many people will go out into our national parks or public land areas and leave all manner of garbage behind.
Andy

Well depending on where we are working I could have a perfect viewing position by standing in the parking lot at work its within 300 yards of the absolute dead center of the eclipse's path. And I am pretty sure no one will be on the Property not employed by the construction co I work for.

If by some wild stroke of magic I could get the day or at least the morning off standing on my Deck would be almost as good.

Blessed and cursed at the same time, ground zero here.
Should be an interesting show along hwy 101 on the coast.
Driving large line trucks can be an adventure at any time in a tourist town, but with all the folks stampeding here that week, well let's just say things could get a little sporty.

Good lord, I'm hating people (the masses) more and more all the time. I hope we have some kind of out-of-the-norm HEAVY cloud cover and a little summer rain. Aaah, feels so good! And all those sheep that drove 100s-1000s of miles/rented/took vacation time, can't look directly at the sun in the middle of an August day! HAAA!! Yeah! Places where people are packing into should have charged out-of-stater an extra 20% or sumthin', for rooms/campsites! You'd think, from all the hullabaloo, that Oregon is the only place in the country the eclipse happens? From what I heard here in PDX it's about 90% of total?

I hope I'm out working, be like "The Day the Earth Stood Still".

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top