JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
10 to 300 yds lots of highly visible orange paint, lots of different calibers, the humble potato never disappoints. Add in some clays, a few aerosol cans and anything that goes 'ping' and your day is full is smiles :)

Just remember range safety when running to replace the spud!

I did. My finger was far from the trigger and I still hadn't cycled the bolt when she ran out to replace it. We are rural so we just shoot next to the house towards the creek with nothing on the other side.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Great video man. Spuds are fun. Hang em and you can shoot them over and over again until all the big pieces are gone.

I like to hang them using galvanized wire. Just push one end into the potato and it holds fine. You can quickly wrap the other end around whatever your hanging them from. Makes for easy put up, and take down.

And just use common sense safety.

I can never understand how people can do this type of shooting and then actually post a video.
No backstop
Right next to a house...without being able to see who might walk around the corner

I made it to the first shot and the sound of the bolt starting on the second round before I had to shut it off.

At the risk of being banned again I won't say how .....ridiculous it seems to post such a video

Man,this is terrible.And hey,flame me all you want.

I can never understand how people can do this type of shooting and then actually post a video.
No backstop
Right next to a house...without being able to see who might walk around the corner

I made it to the first shot and the sound of the bolt starting on the second round before I had to shut it off.

At the risk of being banned again I won't say how .....ridiculous it seems to post such a video

Man,this is terrible.And hey,flame me all you want.

How do you know there's no backstop? How do you know there's anyone who COULD walk around the corner of the house?

No one else was home at the time. There is a fence behind the house that would keep someone from rounding the corner. Also there is no official backstop. I was firing downhill so I was assuming the rounds would go down into the creekbed. There is nothing on the land behind the creek for miles. That said I will be constructing a backstop to be on the safe side before doing anymore shooting.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The one thing that concerns me from what I can see is the possibility of a ricochet off the stump into the house.
Other points have been hammered enough..
Now to pick up a bag of taters.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads