JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Gun shop Ala Quickie mart.
Add a few vending machines inside, an ATM
Get a license to sell POT in the same space.

I heard rumor there's a indoor gun range in the same building as a Liquor Store?

Gun shop Ala Quickie mart.
Add a few vending machines inside, an ATM
Get a license to sell POT in the same space.

I heard rumor there's a indoor gun range in the same building as a Liquor Store?
I once saw a shopping center in Vegas that had a gun, drug, and liquor store in it. The signage read, "Guns, Drugs, and Booze." Talk about a one stop shopping experience!

At the same time, this was entirely predictable - officials, whomever they are, should keep their mouth shut about things they know nothing about - because:

1) They almost invariably get it wrong
2) There are idiots out there that will believe them
3) There are even idiots that will do stuff like the couple did.
No "official" told these morons to drink fish tank cleaner. Again, NO ONE, told them to drink fish tank cleaner. This post is a great example of why the media ran with that story to begin with. Some will swallow it hook line and sinker. So one more time, no one said anything about drinking fish tank cleaner. For those who still do not get it. The fish tank cleaner does NOT contain the drug that has been approved by the FDA since the 40's, as in the 1940's, to treat Malaria. The fish tank cleaner does NOT contain the FDA approved drug that has been used for many years to treat other maladies such as Lupis as an "off label" treatment.
So one more time for the we hate Trump crowd, who love to blame him for everything from global warming to Elvis dying, Trump did not suggest anyone drink poison, which if these Darwin Award wanabe's had read the bottle of fish tank cleaner, would have seen. This is poison. Of course that must be Trumps fault too that these two were too stupid to read the word poison.
This is a sad reminder of why we have the main stream news we have. Many will follow ANYTHING they say if it is bad for Trump.:confused:

Last Edited:
So one more time for the we hate Trump crowd, who love to blame him for everything from global warming to Elvis dying, Trump did not suggest anyone drink poison, which if these Darwin Award wanabe's had read the bottle of fish tank cleaner, would have seen. This is poison. Of course that must be Trumps fault too that these two were too stupid to read the word poison.
This is a sad reminder of why we have the main stream news we have. Many will follow ANYTHING they say if it is bad for Trump.:confused:

:s0140::s0140:
I've always said warning labels exist because of people who wouldn't/couldn't read them in the first place, so why bother having them? Do you think there is something you'd want to ingest under the sink? You big dummy.

:s0140::s0140:
I've always said warning labels exist because of people who wouldn't/couldn't read them in the first place, so why bother having them? Do you think there is something you'd want to ingest under the sink? You big dummy.
One of my old sig lines goes,
25% graduate functional illiterates. We should remove the warning labels from everything and let nature take it's course.
The guy who said it is or was a small business owner in Seattle. He used to fill in host on a radio station and one day some news item of the caliber of the fish tank cleaner drinkers made him say that off the top of his head. I laughed a lot at the time and have never forgotten it.:D
Another is the old line about,
Make something idiot proof and they will invent a better idiot.
I have long thought a LOT of the problems we have now are the direct result of too many people who should have been removed from the gene pool by natural selection have been protected for too long.

No "official" told these morons to drink fish tank cleaner. Again, NO ONE, told them to drink fish tank cleaner. This post is a great example of why the media ran with that story to begin with. Some will swallow it hook line and sinker. So one more time, no one said anything about drinking fish tank cleaner. For those who still do not get it. The fish tank cleaner does NOT contain the drug that has been approved by the FDA since the 40's, as in the 1940's, to treat Maria. The fish tank cleaner does NOT contain the FDA approved drug that has been used for many years to treat other maladies such as Lupis as an "off label" treatment.
Trump had Elvis killed? Show your source! :s0140:

And being already dead WILL prevent you from contracting coronavirus, so there is that.:rolleyes:

Quiet lil ol La Grande has it's share of tweakers and junkies.... CoV19 has closed all the outside eating tables at Safeway, so I wonder where they have gone. But I see a lot of arrests on Elkhorn Media FB page, it's actually increasing here. I think Hermiston is ate up with them. And I went to Walla Walla last summer for a procedure, and the was a guy passed out next to the doorway of McD. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

By the safeway there used to be a little second hand store called the wooden nickel .Is it still there ?

By the safeway there used to be a little second hand store called the wooden nickel .Is it still there ?

The "Wooden Nickel" that I remember (admittedly it could have been in a diff place at some other time) was across the alley from what is now RiteAid (used to be Payless) near the Blue Mountain Shopping Mall.

Safeway used to be at the west end of town. It was taken out and a new store was built further SE on Adams Ave where they demo'd the old ODOT building. there was a little store in that area but I can't remember what.

Anyway, Lee Gandy, who had two wooden legs, ran the Wooden Nickle. A few years after I moved to La Grande I realized my 2 wheel drive 3/4T Camper Special wasn't going to cut it. Lee bought it, put a lift gate on the back and used it for many years in his business. He passed away some time ago. I don't think that biz is still operating, but I could be wrong.

The "Wooden Nickel" that I remember (admittedly it could have been in a diff place at some other time) was across the alley from what is now RiteAid (used to be Payless) near the Blue Mountain Shopping Mall.

Safeway used to be at the west end of town. It was taken out and a new store was built further SE on Adams Ave where they demo'd the old ODOT building. there was a little store in that area but I can't remember what.

Anyway, Lee Gandy, who had two wooden legs, ran the Wooden Nickle. A few years after I moved to La Grande I realized my 2 wheel drive 3/4T Camper Special wasn't going to cut it. Lee bought it, put a lift gate on the back and used it for many years in his business. He passed away some time ago. I don't think that biz is still operating, but I could be wrong.

It was across the alley so I had the store mixed up. I liked that guy he was a character.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top