JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've been hearing about government officials in some cities, classifying gun stores as "non essential" businesses during the Corona virus. However, they have deemed marijuana dispensaries as essential. While I realize the tax revenue issue behind these decisions, it seems to me there's something more nefarious going on here but then, we lose the most liberty during real or manufactured "emergencies." Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
There are a lot of things that are still open that are truly stupid in my eyes. The golf course near my neighborhood has been packed all week. Yes, the golfers are far apart (Or at least you hope they are), but hardly "necessary".

The gun stores are just a political jab.

I've been hearing about government officials in some cities, classifying gun stores as "non essential" businesses during the Wuhan virus. However, they have deemed marijuana dispensaries as essential. While I realize the tax revenue issue behind these decisions, it seems to me there's something more nefarious going on here but then, we lose the most liberty during real or manufactured "emergencies." Thoughts?
My thoughts are I hope they just keep doing this. I have been frustrated for decades at how many take rights for granted and refuse to vote. Saying what is happening right now is tinfoil hat stuff. Well now maybe a few more will pull their head out of the sand and see elections really do have consequences.

I've been hearing about government officials in some cities, classifying gun stores as "non essential" businesses during the Wuhan virus

Yes, like in Los Angeles. The Sheriff has gone back and forth, county counsel advised they should stay open, but he doesn't agree. Some of his statements have clearly shown his disdain for the 2A. Usually county sheriffs, even in left leaning areas, are pro 2A and more conservative. Not always in LA, sometimes, but not always. We need to watch what others are doing in times like these.

Has OR made it official, the closing of gun stores?
I was in one yesterday in eastern OR... bought some mini slugs and some regular 3" BB shells to feed my Mossbergs.

There was a slight "disturbance" during my visit (tweaker wandered in and laid on the floor.... *sigh*) and the local police showed up so it sure didn't appear that there was any kind of "speakeasy" underground operation happening. Just business as usual in small-town USA.

Yes, like in Los Angeles. The Sheriff has gone back and forth, county counsel advised they should stay open, but he doesn't agree. Some of his statements have clearly shown his disdain for the 2A. Usually county sheriffs, even in left leaning areas, are pro 2A and more conservative. Not always in LA, sometimes, but not always. We need to watch what others are doing in times like these.
"Eternal vigilance is the price of liberty."

Has OR made it official, the closing of gun stores?
I was in one yesterday in eastern OR... bought some mini slugs and some regular 3" BB shells to feed my Mossbergs.

There was a slight "disturbance" during my visit (tweaker wandered in and laid on the floor.... *sigh*) and the local police showed up so it sure didn't appear that there was any kind of "speakeasy" underground operation happening. Just business as usual in small-town USA.
Gun stores are still open here. Inventory of gunss is low and ammo, virtually non existent.

Quiet lil ol La Grande has it's share of tweakers and junkies.... CoV19 has closed all the outside eating tables at Safeway, so I wonder where they have gone. But I see a lot of arrests on Elkhorn Media FB page, it's actually increasing here. I think Hermiston is ate up with them. And I went to Walla Walla last summer for a procedure, and the was a guy passed out next to the doorway of McD. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I've been hearing about government officials in some cities, classifying gun stores as "non essential" businesses during the Wuhan virus. However, they have deemed marijuana dispensaries as essential. While I realize the tax revenue issue behind these decisions, it seems to me there's something more nefarious going on here but then, we lose the most liberty during real or manufactured "emergencies." Thoughts?
Pot shops support the zombie horde! Compliant, docile sheep they are. Same deal with keeping liquor stores open, except they are neither compliant nor docile!

Gotta have a little internal disinfectant. I'm a bourbon man myself. Just saw that about 300 Iranians died after consuming methanol and that 1000 are severely ill. Seems someone posted it as a preventative online. Ignorance can be fatal. So tragic and unnecessary!

Gun stores are still open here. Inventory of gunss is low and ammo, virtually non existent.
These guys were fully gunned-up... racks and handgun cases were full. They weren't overly friendly (to be fair they were dealing with Joe Sh*t the Ragman laying on the floor inside the front door) so I didn't make chit-chat.... just paid for my stuff and looked around the store til the cops showed up, and left.
Looked like plenty of rifle ammo. Didn't get a good look at handgun calibers and I compromised on the 12ga #BB shells because they had nothing bigger... still more selection than any Mega-Mart has available right now.

Gotta have a little internal disinfectant. I'm a bourbon man myself. Just saw that about 300 Iranians died after consuming methanol and that 1000 are severely ill. Seems someone posted it as a preventative online. Ignorance can be fatal. So tragic and unnecessary!
Wonder if the news will blame this on Trump too? There was two morons who drank fish tank cleaner and the husband died. Wife ended up in hospital. News kept showing packets of the medicine for Malaria Trump mentioned. They never did show the real bottle the morons drank from showing it was for cleaning a fish tank. They then actually interviewed the moron who lived so she could blame Trump for her being a runner up Darwin Award winner.

Last Edited:

I'm tempted to post something mean, but I have to remember it's their gubmint, not the people of Iran...

I emailed Cut Above Pawn just before I got my layoff notice - I was going to buy a SIG (yes, another one - but I had just sold one, so it was ok - but I had to back out of it - at least until I figure out where my next income for the year is going to come from) - they said they were open during their normal hours. If anyone wants to do a transfer, they are open.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top