JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
marijuana, medical or otherwise?

Form 4473 - 11e. http://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download/atf-f-4473-1.pdf
Do you use pot -

Since the Feds consider this a bad drug, that trumps all local laws about medical marijuana. I know there have been threads on this topic before, I am not wishing to re-open those (even though I couldn't find one going back 6 months.)

This just in:
Possibly NSFW images if you work at a real strict place.
Colorado Congressman Jared Polis Introduces Bill To Allow Medical Marijuana Users To Buy Guns

"A summary of the bill indicates the proposal’s intent “to amend title 18, United States Code, to provide exceptions from the firearm prohibitions otherwise applicable in relation to marijuana if its possession is lawful under State law.”"

I think this will fail, but it should pass. The problem is that it opens a huge can of worms for the Feds. If you have a medical pot card, and medical pot, and can remember to bring your paperwork, could you then have a toke in a Federal Park not located in your home state? How about some uptight state - would they have to honor your home states liberal interpretation of the use of Pot - what about WA where "Recreational Use" can be OK?
Worms and more worms.

All I know for sure is any question from a medical person about firearms will not be answered truthfully. "Could that be a bullet hole" - Could it be a meteorites?
Dad: Son struck by meteorites while playing outside | News - Home

Most of the people that smoke ganja don't give even half of a sh!t about the legality of burning and owning guns. I certainly don't. However, it should be federally decriminalized.

I don't know why people insist on making an issue out of nothing. As for individual states laws, they are just that - the law in that state. No - you're not allowed to smoke pot in a state where it's illegal. If you're a legal medical marijuana patient in your state, then it's legal - period. If you want to argue the point so that you can be arrested on the principal, go ahead. People have caused themselves to be arrested for things more stupid than this.

If you're worried about the feds busting in your door, you've most likely got a lot more problems than smoking a little pot. It's just like an idiot staggering around and chugging from whiskey bottle in one hand, and a gun in the other. There are many stupid things to do if that's your objective!

I don't smoke weed, but I see nothing wrong with it. IMO, marijuana prohibition is no different than alcohol prohibition was. Alcohol has caused more problems than marijuana ever could. Drunk driving deaths, marriages ruined, stupid shooting accidents, you name it, alcohol has ruined many lives. So if it is OK to admit that a person drinks alcohol from time to time, and that person is not prohibited from owning firearms, casual use of marijuana shouldn't prohibit users from owning firearms.

I like to toke up before I shoot,really helps my aim lol

I know several people who have there cpl and mmj card.
Plus it legal in wa and wil be in Oregon soon so I think it a mute point?
Rather have a pothead with a gun looking for Cheetos than a drunk with a gun

I would like to point out that some people are posting statements in this thread that would likely be enough to get a warrant to kick your front door in and have your home searched.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top