JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I truly don't think they understand folks feel ownership of their threads just as much as they feel ownership of their guns. Since this thread will be deleted there won't be much hope for change so best we just live with it.:D
I can appreciate the sentiments, but as soon as a member posts, NWFA owns the thread and is responsible for organization, edits and ensuring it follows the rules. Plenty of times we let stuff stay that breaks the rules too. Like this thread. For now.

I've had threads of my own moved or merged, and I just dealt with it.

Alright guys. Mystery solved. Technically a violation of rule #7. I think this one can be buttoned up for now. Any questions, concerns, etc., we're here to help. Cheers.

Sounds like there are a lot of question in this thread. Now that I have a moment I'm going to open it back up and address a couple of them :)

A couple months ago a mod changed the title to my Hi-Power thread to The Hi-Power Has Been Discontinued.. after it had been there being enjoyed and used for years.. and hasn't been changed back after my numerous protests.. at least I think it's still like that.. I'm so disgusted I've just resigned myself to write it off and won't bother with that thread any longer.

Vague, brief, and unrelated thread titles are one of our biggest issues here. When people search, both on the site and via search engines, they generally only read the title. Without a clear and detailed thread title people can't find what they're looking for, so often times we (mostly I, actually) will edit the title to better reflect what the topic is about. We try to change it as little as possible, usually simply adding a few words from the main body of the post.

Unfortunately we see poor thread titles multiple times per day. A new gun might come out and the thread will be titled 'Wow guys check this out!', when at the very least it should mention the make/model. A person might want to know who else is attending a speed steel match and the thread will be titled 'Speed Steel', where it should mention the range and the date. Looking at the Recent Threads sidebar I can spot three that should be edited at this very moment.

Descriptive titles help everyone and are vital for a healthy forum :s0155:

Ya first time I saw this procedure I thought how odd, are they just telling you how you should have postedo_O Then I realize it's more like the janitor comming in and straightening out the office to help get the office folks thinking right.:D:D:eek:

That's exactly what most of this is, simple janitorial tasks by the forum staff :)

Moving it to the correct forum is one thing.

Burying it in a different thread altogether is something else entirely.
You drop it into a situation where there could be as many as 5 different conversations already taking place between previous thread participants.
As a result, your inquiry goes nowhere and gets few if any responses.

That's my take anyway.
It's not a practice I agree with, much less support.

I do agree that we need to be highly selective with which threads we merge and when. Massive threads are difficult to navigate and it's entirely possible to have two completely separate discussions about the same subject (such as upcoming gun control initiatives).

Glad you opened this back up @Joe Link This IS the "Questions, Problems, Feedback" forum after all.

BTW, thread moved to the correct forum. :cool:

I had a thread moved because I wanted info fairly quick and put it in the general firearms forum. It was regarding a spotting scope I wanted to buy. I loosely, I guess, connected it to target shooting, which is done with firearms, so I put it in "General Firearms Discussion". Makes sense huh? :rolleyes: I was notified it was moved. I probably should have put it in scopes and optics, but that section doesn't get much action. Four threads down in scopes and optics covers a week! I'm glad it wasn't seen/moved sooner, OR, it was allowed to stay for that time. I was able to get what I needed very quickly because it was in "general firearm". It could have taken me a week to the info I got in a couple of hours.

Personally, just me, I think when you stretch the forum out to so many sub forums it dilutes the site. I don't look at handgun or rifle forums much because there are six different forums between the two categories. Same thing, 4-5 topics at the top cover a week or more. I, and I would hope others, can scan down a list of rifles and catch key word to something I want to read. Same with handguns.

If its cost more money for each separate forum you could save by going back to only handgun and Rifle. I recently got to looking at Gunboards.com.....HOLY COW, so many forums its mind boggling! Can't find my way around there.

Anyway, just some of my thinking. I ain't going anywhere Joe. Appreciate all you do.

Glad you opened this back up @Joe Link This IS the "Questions, Problems, Feedback" forum after all.

I had a thread moved because I wanted info fairly quick and put it in the general firearms forum. It was regarding a spotting scope I wanted to buy. I loosely, I guess, connected it to target shooting, which is done with firearms, so I put it in "General Firearms Discussion". Makes sense huh? :rolleyes: I was notified it was moved. I probably should have put it in scopes and optics, but that section doesn't get much action. Four threads down in scopes and optics covers a week! I'm glad it wasn't seen/moved sooner, OR, it was allowed to stay for that time. I was able to get what I needed very quickly because it was in "general firearm". It could have taken me a week to the info I got in a couple of hours.

Personally, just me, I think when you stretch the forum out to so many sub forums it dilutes the site. I don't look at handgun or rifle forums much because there are six different forums between the two categories. Same thing, 4-5 topics at the top cover a week or more. I, and I would hope others, can scan down a list of rifles and catch key word to something I want to read. Same with handguns.

If its cost more money for each separate forum you could save by going back to only handgun and Rifle. I recently got to looking at Gunboards.com.....HOLY COW, so many forums its mind boggling! Can't find my way around there.

Anyway, just some of my thinking. I ain't going anywhere Joe. Appreciate all you do.

You know, this is actually something that's been bothering me a bit lately. I think we have too many sections, and I agree with you that when we split them out like we have it makes it difficult to find things. I'll be thinking on this a bit more.

You know, this is actually something that's been bothering me a bit lately. I think we have too many sections, and I agree with you that when we split them out like we have it makes it difficult to find things. I'll be thinking on this a bit more.

:eek: :eek: :eek: !!!

You mean a may have a valid point? :eek: I'll be darned. :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews