JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is a question thread. Use the up arrow to the right of good answers to upvote. Answers with more votes appear higher on the list.
Reactions
I've tried, without success, to post video in a thread. These are mixed in with my personal pictures on my PC. I've taken the short videos with my Panasonic digital camera. If I right click on a video on my screen I get a highlighted "Copy", but "Paste" isn't highlighted when I right click in the response box of a thread.

:eek: ???? Here's the thing, being computer stupid......They don't seem that big to me? They're quite small on my screen? And not very long.

Also, I may at some time in the future try to figure out "Uploading to youtube" but that won't be right away.

Thanks Bolus

Upvote 0
Most videos we take on a video recorder or cell phone are HUGE, and the wrong format.
In most cases (for me), uploading them would take far too long. So I convert and optimize for the best browser experience, and to reduce over all size of videos I wish to keep on my system.
I use a piece of software that's free. It's called Handbrake.
HandBrake: Open Source Video Transcoder

Using the above mentioned, does make them ideal for uploading to Youtube.
In short, you open the program, browse to your video, apply the optimal settings for online viewing, hit start, and when done, a two gigabyte video is spit out at a size of 150mb, that is view-able in most players.
Handbrake with convert and optimize (to my knowledge) any size video, input into it.

Note that; unless the forum is set-up for huge video uploads on their server, Youtube, or another upload source is needed.
I would be happy to share my optimized setting to those interested.

Last Edited:
Upvote 0
Members actually do have the option of uploading video to their media albums, and then embedding the videos in their posts. However, I've never tested this. If you'd like to give it a try I'd like to hear how well it works (or doesn't!) :)

Upvote 0
A private YouTube account, where videos are only accessible by you or by a link from you is a solid way to do things. Then if you want to share outside of the forum you can.

Upvote 0
:eek: ???? Here's the thing, being computer stupid......They don't seem that big to me? They're quite small on my screen? And not very long.

Also, I may at some time in the future try to figure out "Uploading to youtube" but that won't be right away.

Thanks Bolus

Gotta remember every second of video is the equivalent of 30 pictures as far as data goes. So uploading a 30 sec video would be the same as uploading 900 pictures.

Probably better to start a YouTube account and embed links to them.

Upvote 0
Wow so complex to add a picture.

Not at all!

horse-grazing-1570286.jpg

Upvote 0

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR