Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

posting to old threads-my 2 cents

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by coop44, Jun 5, 2010.

1. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

Hi, I'm pretty new here too! But, I am smart enough to realize that most posts that have had no response for over two months are essentially dead. Why post to these threads asking "is this still available?", bringing them back to the top of the forum causing us all to read them. If the OP really wanted to sell it he would have "bumped" it back to the top of the furum.

Give us all a break and just send the OP(original poster) a PM(private message), rather than clutter up the place with a bunch of old stuff. Just maybe you will get lucky, but please show a little consideration for us who don't want to be a witness to your scavenging techniques. In other words "your momma don't work here, so don't make a mess and keep the place clean"

just my 2 cents

added:
    After some thought I suppose the OP is also just as responsible as anyone for not closing the thread and allowing his (or Her) Dead Thread to be pulled back to the top.

2. ZachS

ZachS Eugene/PDX Active Member

Quite often those items are still available, and a poster who asks about them does us all a service by bringing that fact to our attention.

Threads more than four or five months old are a different story... :laugh:

3. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

in the short time I have been here, I have seen posts over a year old dredged up.

if it is still available, keep it a secret and buy it. get the jump on all of us

4. ZachS

ZachS Eugene/PDX Active Member

Yes, which is why I said

Your post discussed two-month-old threads, which aren't always stale.

5. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

How about posting in the wrong section. :p

I'm moving this to comments section.

6. smithmax

smithmax here Member

Necroposting is fun!

I need to make a note of this thread and rehash it in a few years.

7. supergenius

supergenius 206 Active Member

I wish i had the luxury of worrying about what other people did on a web page.... Wow.

If that was my big problem of the day iI wouldnt know what to do with myself.