JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It's time to take a bold stand on guns - BlueOregon

Have any of you been posting comments on this or other stories in opposition to them? I've done a few in the past as myself. I've been thinking of fabricating a new ultra lib persona who is only now upset with the Ginny burdick types for not at least showing up at town halls for example. Or talking about being lib all the way but draw the line at gun rights and will stop supporting you etc.

Just a thought, posting any opposition might help sway opinion anyway!

doesn't matter. I've commented before on that site, and they don't care. the crowd there is a full-disarmament crowd. I got booed out last time when I was winning an argument because I wasn't from Oregon, as if that makes my comments invalid - I have plenty of family and friends in Oregon, and their politics tend to migrate northward into WA, so I'll do what I can to fight back.

This is a great idea.

A while back several of us had a great time one night on the Portland Million Moms face book page. This guy, " Richard Cranium " had me in tears with his posts. They had a hell of a mess to clean up, I tried to debate a few but they would delete my comments as fast as I could post them.

doesn't matter. I've commented before on that site, and they don't care. the crowd there is a full-disarmament crowd. I got booed out last time when I was winning an argument because I wasn't from Oregon, as if that makes my comments invalid - I have plenty of family and friends in Oregon, and their politics tend to migrate northward into WA, so I'll do what I can to fight back.

This is a great idea.

A while back several of us had a great time one night on the Portland Million Moms face book page. This guy, " Richard Cranium " had me in tears with his posts. They had a hell of a mess to clean up, I tried to debate a few but they would delete my comments as fast as I could post them.

that is the only way the anti's think they can win because their argument loses anytime they try and use facts

This comment on the "cowardly gunsters" seemed legit.

"I know, Randy. *sarcasm* This piece implies that all "gunsters" are Republicans. BliueOregon has offended just as many good Democrats with this tripe"

its my new hobby on Huffinpuff post. Some mornings half my emails are people upset over my logical comments on stupid Gun control related articles.

This is a great idea.

Richard Cranium? lol I bet Mr. Head was acting like a real dick.

It's time to take a bold stand on guns - BlueOregon

Have any of you been posting comments on this or other stories in opposition to them? I've done a few in the past as myself. I've been thinking of fabricating a new ultra lib persona who is only now upset with the Ginny burdick types for not at least showing up at town halls for example. Or talking about being lib all the way but draw the line at gun rights and will stop supporting you etc.

Just a thought, posting any opposition might help sway opinion anyway!

I was banned many years ago...they are a nutty prejudice bunch.

yeah, no one calls dissenting posters on here trolls. never happens, right....

the farther you are to the extreme the more similar you are to your 'opposing' enemies

I used to argue w the wife.

I used to argue on D.U.

I stopped both when it became apparent that we have different goals. I state facts to make a point, possibly bringing another perspective. They argue because they enjoy arguing, facts are an unwelcome impediment when arguing is the goal.

Slightly off topic. I have a line that goes: Men lie to get sex, women give sex to keep someone around to lie to.

Seems like there's and old saw about why you shouldn't wrestle with pigs.

Liberals and reasoning; inductive. An "upright funnel" of accepting any number of premise(s) true and false at any stage of the reasoning process; using what ever it takes to jam their opinion through the narrow end of the funnel. Any opposition-to or scrutiny-of the flow of their reasoning is considered to be a problem (an attack) within the narrow end of the funnel, and rarely what they are jamming into it. The outcome is a "one-size fits-all conclusion with multiple standards such as play-dough or unsorted debris at the bottom of a glacial bed as found in vertical moraines.

Examples:

1 By their actions, they call gun control common-sense gun measures, and they call abortion "choice" so women cannot be controlled.

2 They burn log trucks to save the environment.

3 An amoeba on Mars would be life, but an unborn baby is not.

4 They ignore/try to circumvent the laws of nature.

The challenge is to learn how to make progress with them; since we and they are here to stay. I believe the human experience will always include dealing with the various forms of reasoning, and I find that even though liberals will rarely admit their reasoning is flawed (cannot stand up to deductive reasoning), the flawed reasoning rarely germinates into a sufficient cause; while liberal policies have increased the standard of living for many people, they have also limited it, they make the strong even stronger and the weak even weaker.

They burn coal to generate electricity to run their electric cars.
They use up corn supply to make inferior car fuel.
Just to name a couple more.

Oathkeeper take your religious stuff to an appropriate board. This is for guns and politics. People get electric cars for a variety of reasons. see also: hydro power. lol Leftists burn log trucks? You mean eco terrorists? lol by your warped logic republicans shoot abortion doctors.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top